NEWS IN BRIEF
- Jobless claims fall 6,000 to 285,000. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/12/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30767, p2
Focuses on the decline of first-time requests for unemployment insurance benefits in the United States for the week ended November 6, 1999.
- Munis Firm: $1.3 Billion Memphis Electric Deal Priced for Institutions. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p2
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of November 2003. Decline in the initial unemployment benefits claims; Rise of the leading economic indicators index; Price of Memphis electric system subordinate revenue bonds; Price of Kansas Department of Transportation highway...
- Selected measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs. // Economic Indicators;Oct93, p13
Presents selected measures of unemployment and unemployment insurance programs in United State. Unemployment percentages; Duration of unemployment; Reason for unemployment; Distribution; State programs; Insured unemployment.
- Jobless claims climb to nine-year high. Murray, Brendan; Torres, Carlos // Inside Tucson Business;7/16/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p28
Reports on the increase in the number of United States workers applying for jobless benefits in the first week of July, 2001. Statistics on new claims for state unemployment insurance released by the Labor Department; Effect of the seasonal layoffs in the automotive industry on the growth;...
- Jobless Claims Drop 6,000 to 316,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32477, p2
The article provides updates on the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. for the week ended September 23, 2006. According to reports, the number of applications dropped 6,000 to 316,000. The seasonally adjusted figure was slightly above the predicted 315,000 level....
- Jobless Claims Fall 2,000 to 316,000. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/1/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32458, p2
The article reports that the first-time applications for state unemployment benefits fell 2,000 to 316,000 in the U.S. for the week ended August 26, 2006. According to reports, the seasonally adjusted figure was below the 318,000 level. The four-week moving average was 317,500, depicting an...
- Market snapshot: Thursday, December 16. // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p2
Reports on economic indicators in the United States on December 16, 1999. Trade-deficit levels; Jobless claims; Prices of government securities; Municipal bond index.
- Jobless Claims Dip 2,000 to 302,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p2
Reports on the decline in first-time applications for state unemployment in the week ended February 12, 2005 in the U.S.
- This Week's Economic Indicators. // Bond Buyer;10/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34197, p1
The article presents the list of the economic indicators for the week of October 21, 2014 which include existing home sales, initial jobless claims, and continuing claims.