Basic Needs of Public Universities Cited for Record Pace in Issuance
- ALABAMA: Bob's Big School Bond. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32650, p9
The article reports on the move of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to sign into law the largest education offering in state history, which is a $1.07 billion bond issue that represents first for school construction in the state since 1998. The bonds will provide funds for construction and repairs...
- Oklahoma Seeking Underwriter For Endowed Chairs Borrowing. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p43
Reveals that Oklahoma is seeking an underwriter for a multimillion dollar deal to pay for endowed chairs at state universities. Selection of a finance team for a multimillion dollar bond issue for a Native American cultural center; Naming of Oppenheim as lead underwriter for the bond issue.
- U. of Texas Regents Urge Passage of $2.75B Bonding Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32178, p4
Reports on the University of Texas System Board of Regents' adoption of a resolution urging the state Legislature to approve a requested tuition revenue bond authorization that would fund construction and repair projects at most of the system's campuses. Time limit for a special state...
- Pennsylvania Higher Education Authority Selling $118.4 Million. Borton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/28/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33540, p19
The article reports on the plan of the Pennsylvania Higher Education Facilities Authority to sell $118.4 million of Series AM fixed-rate, tax-exempt revenue bonds by competitive bid on behalf of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) for public system universities projects.
- More institutions expect Declines in FY12 net Tuition Revenue. // Business Officer;Mar2012, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on the Moody's Annual Tuition Pricing Survey of the U.S. Higher Education, depicting that the net tuition revenue of public universities and private nonprofit institutions will decline in financial year 2012. It states that private institution represented Moody's bond rating...
- State College Affirmed. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;10/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32237, p31
Reports on the move of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to reaffirm its issuer ratings for West Liberty State College, a student school, in West Virginia.
- Colo. State Refunding $88 Million. Wiiliamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/10/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33694, p1
The article reports on the Fort Collins, Colorado-based Colorado State University (CSU) System's 87.7-million-dollar refunding from its expansion projects at its campuses. It states that the refund covers 82.4 million dollars of tax-exempt revenue bonds and taxable bonds of 5.3 million dollars....
- California State University seeks creative financing for campus communications. Long, Cynthia D. // Academe;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on the California Educational Technology Initiative (CETI), a proposal to modernize the communications network of public universities. Why the implementation of the proposal had been delayed; Detailed information on the proposal; How the proposal works; Benefits of the proposal to...
- A financial analysis framework for examining the teaching,research and administrative costs of ... Smith, Stanley D. // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Fall93, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
Presents a framework for financial analysis that can be applied to the use of funds provided to public universities by state taxpayers and their students. Universities not following the prescribed funding by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE); Examination of financial factors in...