Human Creativity: Its Cognitive Basis, its Evolution, and its Connections with Childhood Pretence
- Advice that may not come in Handy-but not always. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week (01419285);9/26/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p17
Comments on case studies presented by management expert Charles Handy at a marketing event to manage creative people in Great Britain. Strategy followed by Morgan Stanley to motivate its creative people; Comparison of large corporations and small enterprises by Handy with elephants and fleas;...
- Preliminary study of the bilingual version of creative motivation inventory. Palaniappan, Ananda Kumar // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug94, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p393
Presents a preliminary study of the bilingual version of creative motivation inventory. Administration of a bilingual version of Torrance's Creative Motivation Inventory to 64 Malaysian students; Motivation as a prerequisite for creative achievement.
- THE UN-COMFORT ZONE with Robert Wilson. Wilson Jr., Robert Evans // Information Executive;Nov2009, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p9
The article presents the author's view regarding the importance of knowledge which keeps people motivated. The author cites that seminars and lectures make people motivated because of the knowledge acquired which can be applied to make live and jobs better. He indicates that knowledge motivates...
- Basic Steps in Strategic Planning. Ruch, Bob // Camping Magazine;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1
Presents advice on strategic planning in camping. Principles of camp planning; Factors that contribute to the management of a camp; Work elements of strategic planning; Importance of creativity and motivation in planning.
- Got rhythm? Walls, Hal // Industrial Engineer: IE;Jan2004, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p20
Discusses ways for engineers and managers to stimulate intuitive and creative ideas. Looking and listening for the rhythm of the workplace; Developing a sense of the frequency and amplitude of various active functions in the shop; Similarity with the effect of listening to a good music.
- CREATIVE FUNDRAISING IDEAS. // Nonprofit World;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p0
Presents three creative fundraising ideas. Highlighting ways people can respond instantly; Motivating people to respond; Avoiding the use of asterisks in direct-mail copy in order not to blunt message.
- What's In The Back? Mantey, David // Product Design & Development;Mar2009, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p8
The author reflects on the expenses involved in performing sustainable innovation and recyclability of old product in the market. He believes of generating savings from reclaiming old products despite of various product developments. He shares an inspirational story of persistence which...
- Driving to Make Things Happen. Daniels, Joni // Industrial Management;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p20
Motivation comes from within, but there are steps you can take that will encourage the employee work behaviors you need to get a job done well. By using the technique of telling, listening, asking, and being aware, you communicate sincerity to employees while you spark their creativity. INSETS:...
- Social, environmental and developmental issues and creativity. Hennessey, Beth A. // Educational Psychology Review;Jun95, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p163
Explores the social-psychological approach to the study of creativity. Impact of motivation on creativity based on children's conceptions of work and play; Effect of the intrinsically-motivated state to creativity; Effect of expected reward on children's motivation and artistic performance.