Chicago Board of Education OKs Up to $500 Million in Future Debt
- Education financing takes another hit. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/7/2003, Issue 323053, p24
Comments on the reduction of budget for education in California. Government proposal to increase tuition fees; Spending level of community colleges; Inequity in basic aid financing.
- Is the new school-funding formula bad for Laconia? Boyce, Robert // New Hampshire Business Review;12/12/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p11A
Comments on the reduction of funds for education in Laconia, New Hampshire. Effect of the decrease of state funds; Requirement of the school board for more taxpayer money.
- Education. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
Reports on education-related issues in Australia as of March 2000. Necessity for additional funding; Retention rates; Lack of training qualification of young people.
- Even a little bit of cash helps. // Raven's Eye;Sep2002, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p2
Reports that the provincial government of Victoria has received widespread criticism for its across-the-board budget cuts to every department. Amount allocated for the aboriginal post secondary education and training program; Programs in the plan; Distribution of money among projects.
- Borough president asks parents about state of children's education. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;1/31/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p3
Cites a survey of parents commissioned by Manhattan Borough President C. Virginia Fields which found the effect of budgetary issues on education of children in the borough. Impact of government spending cuts proposed by Mayor Mike Bloomberg on classroom activities in public schools; Need to...
- School spending. // Reading Today;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p45
Presents statistical information on school spending in the United States for the 1999-2000 school year, according to the Census Bureau.
- Fewer States See Red Ink, Report Finds. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p1
The number of states facing budget deficits this fiscal year has decreased dramaticallyâ€”from 31 states to 10â€”compared with fiscal 2003, according to a new report from the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL). Scott D. Pattison, the director of the Washington-based...
- Balance the Books. Ward, Daniel // Language Magazine;Mar2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p6
Comments on the cuts in the overall spending on education in the fiscal year 2006 budget of President George W. Bush in the U.S. Amount of money allocated for the sector; Tendency of the reduction to heighten the complexities facing schools in meeting the demanding standards set for students;...
- Budget Plan in Illinois Shows New Thinking on Debt Issuance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31338, p30
Reports on the budget proposal for education through the taxable bonds by Governor George Ryan in Illinois. Source of funds for the proposals; Commitment of the state for the retirement fund of the teachers; Market conditions of the financing proposals.