Virginia Governor Worries Shortfall Could Worsen to Over $500 Million
- Orange County, Fla., Set for $61 Million Tourist-Backed Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p31
Reports the selling of a tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds by Orange County in Florida. Details on the proceeds of the bonds; Information on the rating of refunding debts; Use of a tourism tax on Walt Disney World.
- Edgewood ISD board to refinance $3,725,000 in bonds. Ashley, Kathryn // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/24/2008, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the adoption of the order authorizing the issuance of Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2008 by the Edgewood ISD Board of Trustees in Texas.
- Illinois Readies a $1B Ran Issue, To Be Followed by $400M of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p36
Reports the marketing of revenue anticipation certificates and general obligation bonds in Illinois. Answer to the cash flow needs of the state; Prevention of hardship for state vendors; Utilization of the proceeds for income tax refunds.
- 'Knockout' Swap Feature in Refunding Saves Chicago $6M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31433, p32
Focuses on the issues related to tax refunding bond sale in Chicago, Illinois. Emphasis on the bond maturity; Advancements of the refund portions of sales tax-backed bonds; Decrease of the interest rates on tax exemptions.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;12/14/2105, p1
Statistics are presented on the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds in December 14, 2015 by the Refunding Bonds in Arkansas, the Bond Anticipation Notes in Connecticut, and the General Obligation Limited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2014A in Illinois.
- Legal challenge to Alabama tax could bust budget. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/29/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30262, p1
Focuses on the effects of the ruling of the Supreme Court in favor of out-of-state corporations seeking to abolish tax to the budget of Alabama. Distribution of the levy of Alabama to its recipients; Opinion of Circuit Court Judge William Gordon about the tax; Order of Montgomery Circuit Court...
- Florida's Miami-Dade and Orange Counties to Sell $356 Million of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p3
Reports on the plan of two largest counties to release a multi-million of fixed-rate paper into the market in separate offerings in Florida. Negotiation between A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. and Miami-Dade County; Sale of public service tax refunding and improvement revenue bonds; Assignment of...
- Tax Refunds Crimp Oklahoma Receipts. Watts, Jim // Bondbuyer.com;9/12/2013, p37
The article focuses on how increasing income tax refunds dropped Oklahoma general fund collections in August 2014 by 17% below the official forecast. According to Oklahoma finance secretary Clarence Doerflinger, receipts of $347.6 million in the said month were below $38.8 million below August...
- Baird Sends Issuers Refunds In IRS Yield-Burning Settlement. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31672, p1
Reports on confirmation by Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Robert Baird & Co. that it sent refund checks to tax-exempt bonds issuers. Reason for sending these checks; Total value of these checks; Settlement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service under which these checks were sent.