House Passage of O'Hare Plan May Lead to Showdown in Senate
- Senate OKs Supplemental Spending Bill. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p5
Reports the approval of the U.S. Senate on the supplemental spending package in New York. Funds provided for highways and airports; Budget for the development of the World Trade Center; Aid for the recruitment of additional staff of Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Lindbergh Expansion Plan on Hold. Lewis, Connie // San Diego Business Journal;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the efforts of the government to temporarily stop the expansion of Lindbergh Field in San Diego, California. Lack of budget; Bankruptcy of various airlines companies; Relocation of airport operations.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p31
Reports developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Airport construction by the Federal Aviation Administration; Increase of budget deficits; Marketing of receivable notes by the Nebraska Public Power District.
- In Crafting Post-9/11 Capital Plans, Airport Officials Stress Flexibility. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/20/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31390, p29
Evaluates the capital plans of airports in the U.S. Flexibility of airport design; Improvements in the pricing of insured airport deals; Increase in security expenses.
- Predicted Cuts Likely to Affect Local Government. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the impact of the reduction for budget to expansion plan of airport in San Diego, California. Debate on the construction of airport; Creation of regional airport authority for evaluation on the need of airport; Responsibility on the problem of transportation.
- Tri-State Receives Federal Money to Help Revamp Runway. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);6/10/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p18
The article reports on the federal budget worth 461,173 dollars allocated to Tri-State Airport for improvements in Huntington, West Virginia.
- Illinois budget plan addresses education, new airport. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p4
Reports that education and the creation of a third regional airport near Chicago both received a financial boost in Illinois Governor George Ryan's budget proposal. Amount of bonds authorized in the budget; Groundwork for a state bonding program; Taxes and fee increases included in the budget...
- FIGHT OVER FLIGHT. Rose, Julie // Business North Carolina;Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p58
The article discusses the efforts of airport director Jerry Orr to have control over the spending plans of the Charlotte Douglas International Airport in 2013. The director has proposed a budget of 2.6 million dollars for perimeter fencing and construction projects in the airport. The budget...
- Airport needs art. Hurt, Stan // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p13
Presents a letter to the editor regarding realistic art budgets for airport expansion.