Senate Panel Adds $700M to HUD Budget, But Cuts Voucher Request by 19,000
- Philadelphia Authority Gets Permission for HUD Grant-Backed Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p3
Reports the approval of the capital program revenue bonds of the Philadelphia Housing Authority in the U.S. Guarantee of debt service payments; Provision of additional leverage to housing projects; Development of rental housing.
- Clinton budget takes new stab at bond proposals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30824, p1
Focuses on the bond-related provisions of United States President Bill Clinton's proposed budget for fiscal 2001. Creation of tax-credit bonds for school construction and environment protection; Municipal bond regulations; Local governments' power to issue bonds designed to stimulate business...
- Treasurers hope to retain option to securitize, despite current stability. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/01/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30674, p5
Reports that budget surpluses in many states in the United States have pushed discussions on whether to sell bonds backed by tobacco settlement payments. Retainment of option to securitize.
- STATE ALLOCATIONS OF PRIVATE-ACTIVITY BONDS IN 2001. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31399, p6
Presents a chart depicting state allocations of private-activity bonds in the U.S. Mortgage revenue bonds of Arizona; Citation on the multifamily housing of Iowa; Exempt facilities of Oklahoma.
- Kansas Budget Crisis Pushes KDOT Into $400 Million Refunding. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p32
Reports on the sale of the refunding bonds of the Kansas Department of Transportation to preserve the transportation plan of the state in times of budget crises. Concerns on the ability to plan for future projects; Impact of the crisis on the transportation plan of the state; Amount of state...
- Clinton's 1999 budget to provide $1.7 billion for 22 empowerment zones. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p5
Reports on the inclusion in US President Bill Clinton's proposed 1999 budget the funding of business empowerment zones. Probable bond issuance resulting from the proposal; Issuance of bonds for projects in the zones; Plans on the tax credit.
- Florida's Estimated Budget Gap Balloons; Bonding Might Suffer. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33434, p28
The article reports that a larger shorfall in budget is being predicted by economists in Florida in a change that could translate into lesser bonding capability for the state in fiscal 2012.
- Proposed HUD Cut Complicates Garvee-Like Deals. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;03/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31092, p4
Reports on President George W. Bush's proposal to cut funding for the public housing capital program from fiscal 2001 levels. Complication of the Garvee-like housing bond deals; Issuance of two of the groundbreaking grant anticipation revenue vehicle bond deals.
- New Jersey Acting Governor Names Attorney as Treasurer Candidate. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p29
Reports on the nomination of Isabel Miranda by New Jersey acting governor Donald T. DiFrancesco, to be state treasurer. Confirmation of the nomination by the state Senate; Career profile of Miranda; Role of a treasurer in the approval and implementation of the state budget and bond sales.