Court to Weigh in on San Francisco Air Quality Question
- Want to clear the air? Hop on the bus! Artunian, Judy // Current Health 2;Jan1995, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the health aspects of riding in public transportation systems. Physiological effects of smog; Sources of smog; Discounts for students in public transportation systems; Compliance with the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990. INSET: One person can make a difference..
- Bus manager acts like a SMART guy in ads. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p8
Focuses on the organization of a Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation's (SMART) marketing and advertising campaign, in an effort to sell its suburban bus service. How much the campaign is valued at; Features of the campaign; Statements from Rick Kaufman, manager of SMART;...
- Taxis gain speed despite economy. Gold, Jacqueline S. // Crain's New York Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the improving taxi industry in New York. Increase in the percentage of ridership; Increase in the prices of medallion; Impact of high overhead costs of automobile parts on the profits of taxi owners.
- An On-Board, Self-Administered Survey Method for Researching the Mass Transit Rider. Dean, Michael L. // Transportation Journal (American Society of Transportation & Log;Fall80, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p75
Presents an on-board, self-administered survey method for researching the mass transit rider. Analysis of the rider media habits; Applicability of the methodology to service evaluation, image assessment, origin studies and user demographic and psychographic profiling; Development of data base...
- Smart about reducing deficit. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/10/97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation's efforts to eliminate its deficit. Value of the deficit in 1995; Detailed information on the deficit.
- Payless paydays at SMART. Mead, Chris // Crain's Detroit Business;4/17/95, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p47
Reports on the delay of the payment of salaries for employees of Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART) for May 12 and May 19, 1995. Payment on deferred basis as a result of the company's cash difficulty; Need for the approval of Michigan residents on the proposed...
- Government aims to quadruple city ridership by 2017. // Malay Mail;7/11/2012, p7
The article informs on the plan of the Malaysian government and Kuala Lumpur City Hall to expand rail lines, add bus lanes and introduce Park and Ride facilities which is aimed at decreasing the use of personal vehicles and increasing the volume of commuters to two million by 2017.
- NEW JERSEY PATH Ridership Up. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/30/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33755, p9
The article presents information on an increase in the ridership on the railroad Port Authority Trans-Hudson between New York City and New Jersey.
- Annual ridership. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/27/98, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p21
Presents a graph reflecting annual ridership in New York from 1995 to 1997.