NEWS IN BRIEF
- Munis Lose Lustre as Treasuries Dip; $98M of Illinois Health Revs Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of November 2003. Assessment of the third quarter gross domestic product; Impact of geopolitical factors on bond yields; Bond maturity. INSET: MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 24.
- Greece: More Help Needed. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/16/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses a forecast that Greece will be unable to get its national debt under control and that it will need to pursue restructuring as its public debt heads towards 160 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) in 2011.
- Does Euro Area Membership Affect the Relation between GDP Growth and Public Debt? // DIW Economic Bulletin;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p20
The article offers information on a study that examines the relationship between the debt to gross domestic product (GDP) ratio and real capital capita GDP growth for the euro area members.
- Croatia: Value On Improving Credit Profile. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/19/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p16
This article expresses belief that Croatia's local debt is well placed due to factors such as improving credit profile, low debt-to-gross domestic product (GDP), and low inflation.
- Lebanon: Entering The Market Again? // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/24/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p17
Reveals that following the successful sale in international bonds in May 2004, the Lebanese government seems set to tap foreign bond markets for more financing again in the near term. Amount of public foreign debt that is maturing in 2004; Impact of excessive bank lending on the Lebanese...
- Italy Is Venal, But It's Not Greece. Righter, Rosemary // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);8/8/2011 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 158 Issue 5/6, p6
The article discusses issues on the plan of the Italian government to finance its accumulated public debt. Foreigners are questioning the ability of the government to finance its 1.9 trillion Euro debt, which is equivalent to 110 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). It has been reported that...
- East Asian Bond Markets and Economic Growth. Said, Rasidah Mohd // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2013, Vol. 57, p74
Although the relationship between stock market and growth has attracted many researchers, studies on debt-growth link however is very limited.This article examines the relationship between debt markets and economic growth. Three categories of debts are considered in this analysis using data from...
- Municipals Unchanged in Light Trading As 'The List' Mesmerizes Participants. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p2
Focuses on the performance of the bond market in the United States. Attention given to an issued bid list; Rise of the gross domestic product; Increase in the number of initial jobless claims.
- Indexes Dive After FOMC's Word of Economic Slowdown. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;12/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31043, p40
Reports the decline of the Bond Buyer indexes in the United States. Acknowledgement of a weakening market by the Federal Open Market Committee; Revision of the growth of the gross domestic product; Increase in the number of building permits.