Firms to Pay $30M Over Zero-Coupons
- Zero-Coupon Cases Reach Penalty Time. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31178, p1
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to start pursuing fraud penalties against various transaction participants involved in zero-coupon bond deals. UBS PaineWebber Inc.'s attempt to reach a 'global settlement' with the IRS; Plans of the agency to apply penalties...
- Muni Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; Retail Period Opened for Conn. GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31615, p2
This article focuses on the trends followed in the securities industry in the U.S. on April 14, 2003. Municipal bond yields were quoted one or two basis points higher in trading while underwriters held a retail order period on $ 300 million Connecticut general obligation bonds.In the new-issue...
- Detroit Sets Up Its Largest Sewer Sale: $700M With a Swap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p32
The article reports that Detroit will come to the bond market in the third week of May 2003 with the first portion of the largest-ever deal for its sewage disposal system, which will total about 700 million dollars of variable-and fixed-rate revenue bonds and will include a substitution. The...
- Ex-Merrill Bankers Find Home at UBS. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p37
Presents information regarding recruitment of three ex-infrastructure specialists from Merrill Lynch & Co. at UBS PaineWebber Inc. Appointment of Christopher Melvin to the post of managing director at the New York office of UBS PaineWebber Inc.; Recruitment of Tim Williams to take charge as...
- UBS PaineWebber agrees to settlement with fund. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the settlement on the alleged brokerage payments by UBS PaineWebber in Nashville, Tennessee. Amount involved in the agreement; Evidence of conflicts of interests in soft dollars; Impact of the case on pension fund dealings.
- Thank You, USB PaineWebber. // On Wall Street;May2003, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the decision of UBS PaineWebber to provide free meals to clients of its top brokers. Reason behind the free lunch offering; Maximum spending per client.
- Error by UBS Delays Completion of $800M N.Y.C. GO Deal. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p36
Reports that the completion of a purchase agreement on 800 million dollars in New York City tax-exempt general obligation bonds was delayed as of January 2003 because of problems with the work done by lead manager of the deal, UBS Paine Webber Inc. Details of the error committed by UBS in the...
- UBS Paine Expanding Retail Presence. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;11/11/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the implications of the residential mortgages offered by UBS PaineWebber Inc. for the mortgage company's presence in the retail lending sector.
- UBS PaineWebber catering to clients' risk-averse inclinations. Oliver-Mendez, Ken // Caribbean Business;2/20/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the local fixed-income investment instruments offered by UBS PaineWebber Inc. in Puerto Rico. Growth in the local mutual fund market; Importance of the applicability of inheritance-tax exemption on the funds; Percentage of average dividends.