A Note on Recognizing Israel: An Israeli Arab Solution to the Conflict
- Jerusalem Diarist. M. P. // New Republic;8/30/80, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p43
This article discusses the continuing conflict between Israel and its neighboring Arab countries. It explains that Jerusalem is not just the focus of religious identity of the Jewish people it is the embodiment of their aspirations as a people. It describes the relations between Israelis and...
- BAD DEAL FOR ISRAEL. Feith, Douglas J. // New Republic;4/25/88, Vol. 198 Issue 17, p14
Delves into the Arab-Israeli conflict in Israel. Issue of a Jewish state in Palestine; Statement that the hundred-year war the Arab world has waged against Zionism has been a fight against the very idea of a Jewish state in Palestine; Rejection of Zionism by the Arabs; Argument of Jews that...
- Let us become victims again. Wesker, Arnold // New Statesman;10/14/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4609, p14
Provides information on the conflict between the Palestinian Arabs and Jews in Israel. Discussion of the civil conflict in Israel from the 1960s to the 1970s; Views on the economic aid given by Europe to Israel; Details of the military policy adopted by Israel.
- Peacemaker in Hebron. Levy, Lital // Christian Science Monitor;5/20/97, Vol. 89 Issue 122, p19
Comments on attempts by Jewish residents of Hebron, West Bank, to restore peace there. Information on resident Yona Rochlin; How the minority Jewish population in Hebron are viewed by Palestinians there; Reference to the conflicts and violence in Hebron; Belief by the Jewish descendants that...
- Today's Arab Israelis, Tomorrow's Israel. Rozenman, Eric // Policy Review;Apr/May2001, Issue 106, p49
Focuses on the implications of the separation of Jews and Arabs in Israel. Decline in the population of Jews in Israel from the first five years of the founding of Israel up to 1998; Opposition to Israel as a Jewish state; Binational and multinational countries that have collapsed or have been...
- 12 Years Ago in TIME. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/18/2002, Issue 10, p18
Presents an excerpt of an article published in the July 23, 1990 issue of 'TIME' magazine, about a Palestinian uprising in Israel. View that the violence has gone on too long; Background of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- Jerusalem Diarist. M.P. // New Republic;11/5/77, Vol. 177 Issue 19, p42
Focuses on the author's views on perils to Israel and to Jewry. Information on the visit of the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, Michael Blumenthal to Jerusalem; Focus on Teddy Kollek, the city's mayor and his work to enlarge and enrich the life of its diverse population; View that one of the...
- Israeli Arabs and the Future of the Jewish State. Rozenman, Eric // Middle East Quarterly;Sep99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p15
Deals with the impact of Israeli Arabs to the Jews in Israel. Demography in Israel; Political activity of Israeli Arabs; Rejection of Israel by the Arabs.
- WEST BANK DIARIST. J. M. // New Republic;4/28/86, Vol. 194 Issue 17, p42
Comments on the Israeli-Arab conflict. Explanation of Israel's efforts to claim all of the West Bank; Description of the duties of civilian administrators; Opinion of the common people on the conflict; Absence of Talmudic authority to settle conflicting claims to the West Bank by Israel and its...