Get the best from the budget
- Stop being hairy. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p5
Comments on furniture chain Ikea's advertising campaign for its branch in Bristol, England.
- Make the news without breaking the bank. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p8
Gives advice to furniture retailers on how to build strong awareness of their business without top-flight public relations assistance. Making astute publicity a part of a wider marketing strategy; Importance of building relationships with the target media; Good sources of news.
- Two stores that give my spirits a big boost. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p26
Relates author's interest in the furniture stores. Advertising promotion used by the industry; Different product categories displayed by the furniture stores.
- New ad efforts: Winners and dogs. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;02/12/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p56
Focuses on the effort by furniture makers to speak directly to their consumers. Variety of forms used to open up the industry; Advertising campaigns launched by companies like Drexel Heritage, Ethan Allen Inc. and La-Z-Boy Inc.
- You really want $70M for joint consumer ads?!? Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;1/28/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p42
Presents views related to the performance of furniture industry in Germany. Proposal of advertising campaign by managing director, Dirk-Uwe Klass of the German Furniture Industry Association; Efforts of several furniture companies to gain consumer's attention to the products; Promotion of...
- Sealy's _GCP_1m advertising push begins. // Cabinet Maker;04/16/99, Issue 5134, p5
Reports on an advertising campaign launched by Great Britain-based bedroom and furniture manufacturer Sealy.
- Ikea ads stress big ideas, little furniture. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p40
Reports the advertising campaign of Ikea Furniture Co. in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. Depiction of the power of simple changes in the advertisement; Use of in-theater advertising spots and a New York Times Square video television board; Absence of a single furniture in the advertisement.
- New campaign could grow bed market by Â£166m, says Sleep Council. // Cabinet Maker;10/7/2011, Issue 5758, p12
The article reports on move of the Sleep Council to launch the Seven Year Hitch campaign that could grow the bed market in Great Britain by 166 million British pound sterling.
- Industry singing a wide variety of celebrity tunes. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p39
Focuses on the role of celebrities's image in promoting the products of furniture stores. Ways that the industry uses celebrities' image to appeal to the consumers; Attachment of celebrity names to products.