Thomsons to reopen
- Comfortable expansion. // Cabinet Maker;10/09/98, Issue 5109, p2
Reports that retailer Thomsons World of Furniture has completed its store expansion. Creation of jobs; Types of furniture added to the store's lineup.
- March reopening for store. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p2
Reports on the possible delay in the reopening of Thomsons World of Furniture's store in Dundee, Scotland, after a fire damaged the property on December 21, 2001.
- Thomsons to honour consumer orders. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p3
Highlights the plan of Thomsons World of Furniture to honor the orders of consumers of the bankrupt Scottish chain, Furniture First.
- New credit firm for Thomsons WoF. // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p6
Announces Scotland-based furniture retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's decision to switch consumer credit provider to Northern Ireland-based Open+Direct.
- Rocket helps launch Thomsons winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;01/16/98, Issue 5071, p5
Reports on Scottish retailer Thomsons World of Furniture's recruitment of heavyweight Gladiator Rocket to help it launch its winter sale. Rocket's tour at Dunfermline superstore.
- Banking on the cup. // Cabinet Maker;06/26/98, Issue 5094, p41
Reports on Thomsons World of Furniture's sales promotion that is tied to the outcome of the 1998 World Cup. Managing director Tom Cunningham's vow to refund any purchase in the week up to June 10, 1998 if Scotland wins the World Cup.
- Winning ideas generate publicity. // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p33
Focuses on the promotions of Dunfermline, Scotland-based Thomsons World of Furniture that generate publicity. Giving of 5,000 pounds worth of G Plan furniture to mark the company's new ranges; Presentation of five Regatta Posturepedic beds to winners of a local newspaper competition.
- Storeopenings. // Furniture/Today;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p42
Highlights the opening of furniture retail stores in the United States. Retail store opening of two Norwalk Furniture retailers in Maine and Ohio; Installation of an Ekornes Stressless Zone at Arnwine's Home Furnishings; Phoenix unit of Flexsteel Comfort Seating.
- Therapedic honors Miami-area retailers. // Furniture/Today;6/3/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p24
Reports the recognition of furniture retailers by Therapedic International and Therapedic Florida with the Therapedic's President's Award. Sample list of recognized stores; Contribution of the loyalty of retailers to the sales of the company.