Sales slip back
- October rise for sales in London. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2006, Issue 5514, p6
The article reports on the rise of furniture and houseware sales in London in 2006. Retail sales of furniture and houseware in October were 15.8 % higher than last year when sales dropped 3.1 % after the July bombing in London. According to David Miller, Contempo sales manager in Cricklewood...
- Figures show '04 sales shot up in some sectors. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);6/16/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 13, pA15
Reports on the increase in sales performance of commercial products in Spokane, Washington. Breakdown of taxable retail sales by industry; Growth of contracting sales; Percentage of sales from furniture and house furnishings.
- BrandSource adds youthful lines. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;
The article reports that the furniture electronics and appliance buying group BrandSource Inc. is expanding its range of home furnishings in an effort to broaden its customer base including younger, first-time home buyers and mentions that enhanced offering is designed to increase sales.
- CUSHIONING THE ECONOMY'S IMPACT. Leach, Peter T. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/30/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p54A
The article offers an outlook for the imports of U.S. furniture and home furnishings in 2011. It cites the increasing demand for all furniture sectors despite pessimism about sales of new and existing homes. Economist Mario Moreno cited mortgage rates and credit standards as the factors that...
- Accent Furniture. YORK, JENNY HEINZEN // Home Accents Today;Dec2012, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on figures from the 2012 Home Accents Today Universe Study concerning accent furniture. The category is expected to end 2012 at 14.8 billion U.S. dollars in retail sales. Accent furniture is said to be reaching almost 750 million U.S. dollars in sales, which leads to...
- August sales dip. // Cabinet Maker;9/14/2007, Issue 5555, p8
The article focuses on the decline of furniture sales in London, England after making gains earlier in the summer of 2007. Survey shows that the trade in August was 9.8 percent higher than a year earlier, on a like-for-like basis. It was found out that homewares and furniture fell back from...
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;6/4/2004, Issue 5391, p12
Reports on the sales performance of the furniture retail sector in Great Britain as of March 2004. Percentage of retailers sales increase; Types of furniture that contributed to sales increase; Comparison of sales in March 2004 and April 2003.
- Cupboard love. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p18
The article reports that manufacturers are responding on the demand of bedroom furniture with ranges of furniture to suit all budgets and tastes, and rooms of all sizes in Great Britain. It states that white is a popular choice and simplicity is key. The demand for chests and bedside cabinets...
- Ashley leads Top 100 in growth for 3rd year. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/6/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p22
Focuses on Arcadia, Wisconsin-based Ashley Furniture HomeStores, the fastest growing furniture chain in "Furniture/Today" magazine's Top 100. Growth index; Increase in sales and net units; Percentage gain; Other companies included in the top 10 growth index in 2005. INSET: About the survey.