- Skan-Thor snaps up Noble House. // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2003, Issue 5321, p7
Reports that Jim Barness has sold a controlling stake in upholstery company Nobel House Designs to supplier Scan-Thor in Great Britain. Increase of prices for stockists and non-container ordering; Company operation of Scan-Thor; Delivery of Nobel House models direct to the retailer.
- up front. Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;12/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p4
Reports developments on furniture industry in the United States. Resignation of Chris Plasman as president at upholstery manufacturer Baker Furniture in Michigan; Employment of Ryan Rosier as vice president of production and plant manager at Blackhawk Furniture; Selection of Dennis J. Kreson as...
- No regrets. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p32
Interviews Jim Barnes, chief executive at Noble House Designs. Career history; Contributions in the furniture industry; Achievements in the field of business.
- On industry captains who jump to safer ships. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p38
Comments on the resignation of Don Shaffer from Heilig-Meyers to move as president of Dollar General. Responsibility of company leaders during tough situations; Reaction to Shaffer's recognition by the press; Need for company leaders to understand the complexities of the furniture industry.
- Ziemniak resigns for Airsprung. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2001, Issue 5254, p2
Reports the resignation of Airsprung Furniture Group chief executive Peter Ziemniak. Appointment of Andrew Alsop as chief executive of Airsprung; Effects of the resignation of Mr. Ziemniak on the company; Cost of disposing of Duckers.
- Barnes makes a Noble return. // Cabinet Maker;11/15/2002, Issue 5313, p4
Reports that former sales director, Jim Barnes has established the furniture firm, Noble House Designs. Target market for the firm.
- Offcuts. // Cabinet Maker;9/26/2003, Issue 5357, p31
Reports developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 2003. Sale of the pants of John Bolingbroke by Jim Barnes; Mattress installed at the boat of John Williams and Mick Burke.
- Oakleaf projects growth despite slump. Johnson, Jim // Waste & Recycling News;6/8/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p14
The article reports that Jim Barnes, chief executive officer (CEO) of Oakleaf Waste Management LLC, has said that tough economic times and growing environmental awareness is provide an opportunity for his company to continue to grow. Oakleaf, with sales of about $700 million annually, is...
- Comfortable pairing. // Cabinet Maker;6/1/2007, Issue 5540, p3
The article announces the partnership between DomoSofa and Noble House Collections in a move aimed at supporting a significant growth in the business with independent retailers in Great Britain. The union of the two businesses was announced by parent company Scan-ThorGroup. Jim Barnes, sales...