- Data aid to tackling complaints. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;1/26/2007, Issue 5522, p9
The author discusses the implications of a well-handled complaint from a consumer. He argues that consumers are likely to understand a deficiency in the product if their complaints are acknowledged by retailers and a resolution is being taken. Moreover, he stresses that consumers do not...
- Whew! What a year it's been! Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p31
No abstract available.
- Double take. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p12
Discusses how changing social patterns have presented retailers and manufacturers with a furniture challenge in Great Britain. Space as a valuable commodity; Manufacturers and retailers' need to be innovative in their response; Ikea's offering of affordable furniture for low to moderate income...
- The outdoor furniture market. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p38
The article focuses on a study being conducted by "Casual Living" magazine which found a decrease in the sales of outdoor furniture in the U.S. in 2008. It states that the whole outdoor furniture category is predicted to total 2.23 billion U.S. dollars in 2009. It mentions that the discount...
- Canadian retailers still cautious. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;1/10/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the trend among furniture retailers to establish operations in Canada. Caution expressed by the retailers regarding their prospects for 2005; Factors affecting the furniture retail trade; Challenges faced by the industry.
- Tabletop Serves Up Sales. // Casual Living;Nov2009, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p30
The article reports on the move of savvy casual furniture retailers to capitalize on the U.S. citizens' love of living and entertaining outdoors by accessorizing their products. It states that nearly 54% of stores included in the 100 Powerhouse Retailers of "Casual Living" mentioned that they...
- Furniture TV blitz grabs top brand slots. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p4
Reports that furniture and furnishings retailers scored as three of the top four most advertised brands on TV in Great Britain. B&Q; DFS; Homebase.
- A return to sales growth? // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p8
Analyzes whether the return to sales growth of furniture and furnishings retailers in Great Britain will last for the rest of 2004. Sales rise in the household textiles market; Recovery in the carpet and floorcoverings sector; Rise in the value of sales.
- Undercover in Peterborough. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2004, Issue 5396, p14
Features furniture stores in Peterborough, England. Furniture Village; Multiyork; Courts; Furnitureland.