New Zurich unit to target U.S
- Zurich scraps Asian venture. Goodard, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the prospective expansion of Zurich Group in Asia. Details on the collaspe of the acquisition talks with Peregrine Investments Holding Limited; Percentage of stock which Zurich has invested in Peregrine; Comments made by Rolf Hueppi, chairman of Zurich.
- Zurich Group reports higher profits for 1996. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/26/97, Vol. 101 Issue 21, p53
Announces that the Zurich Group's profits experienced a sharp increase for the year 1996. Statistical information on the increase; Comparison of the 1996 profits to 1995; Factor which contributed to the increase; Details on the financial aspects of the company.
- Deal strengthens Zurich. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;10/20/97, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p1
States that the Zurich Insurance Group's efforts to expand its financial services in the United States is seen as the catalyst for the group's merger with British American Financial Services. Name which the business will be called; Expectations for the start of the business; Financial...
- Zurich Group takes over Scudder, Stevens & Clark. // American Banker;1/5/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the completion of the acquisition of a majority stake in Scudder, Stevens & Clark Incorporated, by Zurich Group. Aims of the merger; Details on the acquisition.
- Zurich announces personnel changes. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/11/98, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p17
Informs about the personnel changes in the Zurich Group. Departure of Steven M. Gluckstern and Laurence W. Cheng from the executive board; Appointment of Gluckstern and Cheng to the investment firm Capital Z Partners; Changes at Zurich's corporate executive board level which affect Dirk Lohmann...
- Zurich reorganizes units. // Business Insurance;09/15/97, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p74
Announces the reorganization of two United States divisions of Zurich Group. Basis of the reorganization; Details on the formation of Zurich Reinsurance (North America); Services offered by the company.
- Zurich Group expanding its global energy capabilities. // Insurance Advocate;03/29/97, Vol. 108 Issue 13, p10
Reports on Zurich Group's expansion of its Global Energy capabilities through the opening of new branch in Bermuda. Aim of providing energy companies with access to large-scale capacity and multi-year commitments; Global Energy's underwriting offices location.
- Zurich Group announces broad range of changes; establishes three business units for U.S. // Insurance Advocate;07/29/97, Vol. 108 Issue 29, p8
Focuses on the Zurich Group's July 15, 1997 announcement of changes to its operations in the United States with a goal to provide total solutions to customers. Operational changes for immediate implementation; Formation of a business unit to focus on providing solutions for small business...
- 2,000 jobs to go as Zurich shifts to general insurance. Stones, John // Money Marketing;9/12/2002, p5
Reports the reduction of employees at the Zurich Financial Services. Number of job losses; Reason behind the move.