Website takes on Tesco over falling gold price
- Golden windfall for pawn stars. // Asian Pacific Post;2/9/2012, p17
The article focuses on the growth in business being experienced by pawnshops in Singapore in line with the increasing price of gold.
- Brand in the news. // Marketing (00253650);1/12/2011, p9
The article reports on the move to the controversial cash-for-gold market of Tesco PLC through the website Tescogoldexchange.com.
- The new gold rush. Bhupta, Malini // India Today;8/10/2009, p17
The article focuses on the popularity of pawning gold for money in India. The idea while not new came about as consumers find it tough to get loans, in which at competitive rates ranging from 12-15% makes it a win-win situation for both lenders and borrowers. The process works by simply walking...
- Hock heaven. Speizer, Irwin // Business North Carolina;Apr97, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p44
Features the pawnshops in North Carolina. Information on the CSI Jewelry Exchange owned by Phil and Troy Brown; Berlin's Pawn and Jewelry Shop owned by Stewart Auten; Cash America International Inc. managed by Joe Walkowiak. INSETS: Pawns and their game.;realities about pawnshops.
- Funds on the fringe. Berger, Susan // Regional Review;Spring92, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the increasing dependence to pawnshops by the poor in New England. Factors which explain higher transaction costs in pawnshops; Comparison between the cost of encashing checks and maintaining a checking account; Closure by banks of lesser profitable banks.
- L.V. pawn shops ambassadors to tourists, resources to locals. Baker, Chuck N. // Las Vegas Business Press;03/24/97, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p24
Discusses the pawn business industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pawnbroker's use of personal property as collateral for loans; Tourists as a main source of business; Pawn shop management; Improvements in the perception of the pawn business; Banking industry's relation with the pawn business.
- Business for sale--Nevada pawnshop. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Apr96, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p140
Profiles a pawnbrokerage in Nevada that is for sale as of April 1, 1996. Financial summary for 1993-1995; Price; Outlook; Price rationale; Pros and cons; Contact point.
- Regulation of pawnshops. Bunye, Ignacio R. // Filipino Reporter;5/4/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p36
The author discusses the need to regulate pawnshops in the Philippines.
- The pawn of a new era is upon us. Auster, Bruce B. // U.S. News & World Report;12/08/97, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p64
Considers how pawnshop chains are transforming the business with new markets, new customers and a new image. How the steady emergence is sparking consolidation in a marketplace long dominated by poorly run mom and pop pawnshops; The four major chains that are buying out some of the smaller...