Football comes home
- Revisiting the Streaking Teams Phenomenon: A Note. Kockman, Ladd; Goodwin, Randy // American Business Review;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p38
Examines whether streaking teams in college football alter point spread to exploitable degree in the United States. Transaction costs; Inclination of gamblers to underbet cold teams; Opportunities to exploit out-of-line point spreads.
- Kainai Warriors look to future with optimism. Ross, Matt // Alberta Sweetgrass;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the Kainai high school Warriors football team in Alberta. Goal of the football program of the school; Strategies planned by the team for success in championships in 2003; Lead players of the team.
- A Rampage Of A Good Time. Csurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p7
Reports that the Grand Rapids Rampage football team won the championships in the Arena Football League. Celebration for the victory; Impact on ticket sale at ArenaBowl.
- CRITICAL LIST. // Management Today;Mar2010, p17
The article explores the problem of football clubs in England living beyond their means as they spend dangerously high level of turnover on wages.
- Two teams that don't have far to go. // Sporting News;2/10/2003, Vol. 227 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on players of the two National Football League teams Minnesota Vikings and Baltimore Ravens after they posted losing records in 2002. INSET: SPEED READS.
- NFL team directory. // Football Digest;Oct96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p93
Presents a director of football teams in the National Football League. Includes the Arizona Cardinals; Detroit Lions; New England Patriots; Saint Louis Rams; Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Washington Redskins; Philadelphia Eagles.
- Staying mellow amid the drama. Frisaro, Joe // Football Digest;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on various football teams and what is predicted of them in the 1997 National Football League season. Specification of the names of these teams; Reference to various players who are considered to do well in the season; What their predicted game status is for the season.
- This one's far from a sure thing. Stellino, Vito // Football Digest;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on various football teams from the Central Association Football Club and looks at their expected positions for the 1997 season. Specification of the teams; Reference to various players who are expected to do well; Prediction of positions for each team.
- The West will be as wild as ever. Latimer, Clay // Football Digest;Sep97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on various football teams from the Association Football Club West and their predicted status for the National Football Association Club 1997 season. Specification of the names of the teams; Reference to various players who are expected to do very well in the season.
- Leagues of their own. Wilner, Barry // Football Digest;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p44
Focuses on which divisions in professional football is superior in various areas including offense, defense and special teams. Description of where various teams such as the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins stand.