UK recovery derailed by Wall Street sell off
- Stock Market Undoubtedly Broken By Trading Algorithms. Fishman, Mikkel // Moderate Voice;5/6/2010, p12
The article focuses on the high frequency trading (HFT) algorithms used by Wall Street players which undoubtedly broken stock market in the U.S. It states that HFT algorithms can trade thousands of stocks with high profitability but system experts and market insiders warned that algorithms take...
- Bears say the darndest things. // Dow Theory Forecasts;11/17/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 46, p3
The author provides an overview of the stock market in the U.S. in November 2014. The increase in per-share earnings due to cost cuts and share buybacks is highlighted. The impact of the normalization of corporate profit margins on stock prices is outlined. The author recommends looking for...
- M&S shares rally as better fashion sales expected. // Grocer;4/4/2015, Vol. 238 Issue 8199, p8
The article reports the increase in the share price of retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) in early April 2015 due to the analyst forecast of just a slight decline in fashion sales in its fiscal fourth quarter ending March 31, 2015.
- The Big Bull Market. Soule, George // New Republic;2/18/46, Vol. 114 Issue 7, p241
Focuses on the boom in the U.S. stock market after the Second World War and compares this with the one in the past which was followed by the crash in the economy of the U.S. Analysis of the boom and crash in the stock market during the previous decade; Element of danger in the market due to...
- What makes the bull market run. Walsh, Max // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/30/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6167, p50
Discusses the Wall Street stock market and whether it is headed for a correction as of March 1999. The historic norms that are out of line; United States Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan failing to comment on the stock market's rise above the 10,000 mark; His previous statements...
- The role of TED Spread and Confidence Index in explaining the behavior of stock prices. Lashgari, Malek // American Business Review;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p9
Examines the role of TED Spread and Barron's Confidence Index in explaining the performance of stock prices in the United States. Definition of TED Spread; Employment of regression analysis to determine the relationship between confidence indexes and observed prices; Association between TED...
- The stock market. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1997, p5
Focuses on the upward trend in stock prices in the United States since 1982. Association of this surge with strong earnings growth; Increased variability in earnings growth; Implications of earnings growth on dividend growth.
- The market's upward bias has a downward bias, too. Auer // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p48
Presents stock price and market trends in the United States for the week of October 4, 1999. Volatility of the market due to an upward bias; Widening of the negative-breadth divergence; Statistics of prices.
- Mixed signals in markets confuse investor guideposts. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p40
Focuses on the impact of the fluctuating stock market performance on the investment landscape in the United States. Depreciation of blue chips and appreciation of technology growth stocks; Partial oversold position of the New York Stock Exchange; Average price-to-earnings ratio of technology...