Retailers set for sales hike
- Sales volumes still falling. // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2005, Issue 5450, p4
Reports on the result of the survey on the performance of the furniture retailing sector in Great Britain. State of orders and sales in the industry; Impact of the survey on furniture makers; Performance of furniture and carpets in the retail sector.
- Critical issues and trends. Chiger, Sherry // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Dec2006, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p28
The article assesses the issues and trends affecting multi-channel merchants in the U.S., based on Multichannel Merchant's benchmark Survey on Critical Issues and Trends in 2006. The result of the survey shows general positive outlook including increased profitability and sales revenues. The...
- You scratch my back ... Schindler, Jeff // Retailing Today;9/8/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p8
The author reflects on the impact of customers experience on business. He cites a study which reveals that retailer stands to gain about $30 million of additional purchases with the highest level of customer experience, while a negative experience could result to a loss of $42 million in...
- Finance firm lends [pound]81.9m. // Cabinet Maker;11/23/2001, Issue 5264, p2
Reports the advanced loans worth 81.9 million pounds of the Paragon Retail Finance in Great Britain.
- Concepts, variables and classifications. // Retail Trade;Aug2007, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p67
The article offers information on the concepts of the Monthly Retail Trade Survey (MRTS), as well as its variables and classifications in Canada. The retail trade sector comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing merchandise, generally without transformation, and rendering services...
- Richmond Fed: Services Growth Slows. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p2
Reports on the results of the service sector survey conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in the U.S. Gain in the services firms' revenues at a slower pace; Decline in the number of employees index; Sales revenues reported by the retail area excluding services firms.
- Volume, Profits Top Retailers' Issues List. Hartnett, Mike // Frozen Food Age;Jul2006, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p6
The article presents findings of a Frozen Food Age survey among retailers regarding concerns affecting their business. These concerns include sales volume and profit margins, competitive environment, consumer trends and higher costs for energy and health care. Issues generating less angst among...
- VSDA Study: Retailers Raising Rental Prices as Transactions Slide. Indvik, Kurt // Video Store Magazine;9/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the results of a benchmarking study conducted by the Video Software Dealers Association among video rental retailers in the U.S. for 2003. Net profits generated by an average video store after taxes; Comparison of the profits from different quarters of the year; Revenue source of the...
- Little but nimble. MAKHOLWA, ANDILE // Finweek;10/8/2009, p12
The article reports on a survey of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in South Africa. According to the survey by World Wide Worx, 67% of SMEs managed to rake in profits at year-end 2008. Another with 28% reported to remain profitable, with only 5% of the surveyed SMEs were not profitable....