Retailers set to grab office furniture sales
- Office Furniture Industry Prepared To Weather Downturn. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/19/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p28
Forecasts the performance of the office furniture industry in Grand Rapids, Michigan for 2001. Impact of the economic slowdown on manufacturers' expectations; Percentage of sales growth; Response of the three big office furniture makers on the existing economy; Optimism for a good sales...
- Furniture Industry Facing $2 Billion Loss in Shipments. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/20/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p3
Reports that a forecast prepared for the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association projects that the office furniture industry will lose nearly two billion dollars in business in 2003. Expected decrease in industrywide shipments; Possibility of further layoffs in West...
- Industry: Office Furniture (except Wood) Mfg. (NAICS 337214). // United States Product & Retail Outlook;2015, preceding p1
An industry report of office furniture manufacturing industry in the U.S. is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including industry establishments, sales and employment trends, industry ratios, and business forecasts for the industry.
- Modest office furniture industry growth expected. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/9/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p16
Forecasts the condition of the United States office furniture industry for 2004. Predicted growth of the industry's shipment; Expected amount that will be earned by the industry for the year; Factors that will influence the market's status.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/21/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p3
Presents news briefs related to business in Michigan as of July 21, 2003. Office furniture industry forecast from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association International; Overview of the Life Sciences Corridor company formation fund.
- Office furniture bouncing back. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;1/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p12
The article reports that the U.S. office furniture industry is showing signs of slow recovery. Steelcase Inc. and its top competitor, Herman Miller Inc., both have pointed to signs that the industry is moving back up, citing interest from large global customers and small upticks in sales....
- Office furniture down in '08, to dive in 2009. Miel, Rhoda // Plastics News;1/12/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p13
The article focuses on the impact of recession on the office furniture industry in the U.S. In 2008, with the end of the housing bubble, sales have started sliding again, according to reports from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturer's Association (BIFMA). Once the final 2008...
- Haworth Looks To Better Year Ahead. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the expected business growth of Holland, Michigan-based office furniture firm Haworth Inc. in 2004. Statement issued by Robert Krasa, president and CEO of Haworth; Sales figures for 2002 and 2003; Global progress in 2003.
- Office Furniture Makers Can Expect Gloomy '04. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p7
Presents an outlook on the office furniture manufacturing industry in the U.S. for 2004. Significance of the business forecast from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA); Prospects for new jobs and recovery in the sector; Remarks from Tom Reardon of BIFMA on...