- Cold War Ship Carries Army Cargo. // Army Logistician;May/Jun2000, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the Ukrainian cargo ship MV Balakleya contracted by the United States Navy's Military Sealift Command to carry military equipment and supplies to Army troops in Kosovo, Serbia in Yugoslavia. Support for Army personnel deployed to participate in the North Atlantic Treaty...
- Special ops. // All Hands;Oct94, Issue 930, p38
Presents a photograph of US Air Force Special Operations helicopter pilots qualifying in deck landing on board USS Dubuque during Cobra Gold '94.
- Polar airmen get an 'A,' Lingle, Brandon // Airman;Feb2003, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on the use of a bronze-colored Arctic Service device active duty by the U.S. Airmen. Recognition of the isolation, harsh climate and limited services airmen deal with at extreme northern latitudes; Purpose of the Arctic Service Medal; Availability of the 'A' device.
- ARC's Plan to Ensure Comparability with Active Forces. Mears, Chris // Officer;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on the efforts of the Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) to modernize their equipment. Introduction of advance military technologies; Need for Night-vision cockpits; What is required for precision attacks.
- Wartime Spares. Larvick, Jon A. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the commitment of the United States Air Force to provide logistics support to match carefully tailored force employment concepts. Reach-back sustainment capability; Flexibility and responsiveness required of the Agile Combat Support competency; Inventory within a logistics system;...
- Growing World of Logistics. Russell, Stephen Hays // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Winter2000, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p12
Examines the origins and applications of the term logistics in the United States Air Force. Definitions of logistics; Four subdisciplines of logistics; General theory of logistics practices.
- The Supply Officer of the Future. Hopp, James W. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p21
Deals with the United States Air Force supply officer career field. Decline of size of the Air Force; Responsibilities of a commercial supply chain manager; Creation of a supply officer of the twenty-first century Air Force.
- Transporting Munitions. Kehrley, Kirk L. // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Fall2002, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the history of transporting munitions and its relevance to Aerospace Expeditionary Forces of the U.S. Air Force. Enhancement of mobility for Air Force transportation; Effect of transportation infrastructure on munitions flow to the warfighter; Evaluation of the responsive...
- LEADERS UNVEIL UPDATED UTILITY UNIFORM COLORS, PATTERN. Jablonski, David A. // Defense AT&L;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p49
Reports on U.S. Air Force leaders' unveiling of an alternative utility uniform color scheme and pattern on November 2, 2004, as part of the ongoing wear-test that was announced in August 2003. Switch from a deep blue, gray, and green color scheme to a more subdued mix of tan, blue, and two...