A superficial assessment
- Oh yeah? Well assess this... McCue, Dan // Oregon Business Magazine;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p34
Opinion. Discusses experiences faced by a job seeker whilst at an assessment center to be evaluated for an open position as a journalists. Details on what occurred during this assessment; Background information on assessment centers.
- The assessment center: Reducing interassessor influence. Lowry, Phillip E. // Public Personnel Management;Spring91, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p19
Reports findings concerning interassessor influence in four assessment centers in the United States. Use of the assessment center process; Measuring assessor influence on the consensus decision; Discriminating power of assessment centers.
- It pays to be aware of the subtle inequalities. Fletcher, Clive // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p50
Explains why assessment centers (ACs) may not really be as accurate and unbiased as many employers have been led to believe. Recommendations for AC to be effective; Points of some critics on ACs management; Alimo-Metcalfe's rules for minimizing sexual bias in ACs.
- Management training. Weston, Sue // NZ Business;Aug96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on companies' fine-tuning of management development and training programs to meet the needs of both organizations and individuals. Company's desire for internal focus in training; Interest by individuals in external recognition for training; Information exchange. INSETS: Working with...
- Testing times. Burn, Alyson // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec98, Issue 12, p16
Offers advice on how to succeed at assessment and selection centers, maximizing the chances of getting a better job. Overview of what is being assessed; Typical tests or methods of assessment; How to prepare for the tests; How to turn the assessment center to one's advantage.
- HOW TO IMPROVE THE VALIDITY OF AN ASSESSMENT CENTER. Byham, William C. // Training & Development Journal;Nov78, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p4
Discusses various ways of improving the validity of an assessment center. Documentation of job relatedness; Appropriateness of the dimensions for the job; Documentation of the job-relatedness of the exercises in the center; Appropriateness of the exercises to the target job.
- Guidelines and Ethical Considerations For Assessment Center Operations. // Public Personnel Management;Winter89, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p457
Presents the guidelines and ethical considerations for assessment center operations. Application of the assessment center method; Guidance to human relations specialists; Validity of the statistical combination methods.
- AN ASSESSMENT CENTER PROGRAM FOR MULTI-ORGANIZATIONAL USE. McConnell, John J.; Parker, Treadway C. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1972, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on assessment center program for multi-organizational use. Program elements; Assessment exercises; Assessor training; Program testing; Test models.
- Beyond Assessment Centers. Frank, Fredric D.; Bracken, David W.; Struth, Michael R. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1988, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p65
Discusses how variations on assessment centers can cut costs while maintaining validity. Characteristics of the prototypical center; Use of standardized simulations; Application of assessment center technology; Effective selection techniques.