Good deal all round
- LI leaders rally for project warmth. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95 Supplement Annual, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p39PA
States that a gathering to launch the 1995 fundraising campaign for Project Warmth, Long Island's first fuel fund was held by business and community leaders. What Project Warmth is; Comments by Angela Koenig, Project Warmth chairperson.
- A junkfood-free White House? // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar93, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Describes the effort of the Kids Against Junk Food (KAJF) to make Chelsea Clinton its Honorary President. Letter to Bill Clinton.
- On the front line. // National Parks;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 66 Issue 3/4, p52
Gives the address for the Park Activist Network (PAN), a team of National Parks and Conservation Association (NPCA) members who lobby federal, state and local legislators on behalf of the national parks. `The Park Watcher' newsletter; Legislative `Alerts.'
- Bipartisanship key to Superfund reform. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/18/96, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p22
Editorial. Discusses how political realities have come together to stall Superfund reform efforts and force a fundamentally new approach in Congress. Who would reform proposal affect owners of Superfund sites; Retroactive liability for private generators and transporters of toxic waste.
- Public health news & notes. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p387
Presents a photograph of the Stand for Children Rally at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington D.C. on June 13, 1996.
- Alliance prepares to roll out proposed performance measures. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;3/25/96, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p54
Reports on the actions of the Foundation of Accountability since its unveiling last fall of 1995. Establishment of a formal base of operations; Development of prototypes of its principal products, common-sense measures of healthcare performance.
- Confronting a corporate `stigma.' Miller, A.; Williams, E. // Newsweek;4/4/1988, Vol. 111 Issue 14, p48
Mary Cunningham, 36, has launched the Nurturing Network, a nonprofit support service that helps workingwomen and college students cope with unplanned pregnancies. The former corporate executive says the service is much needed, and has had over 100 clients so far. Service, plans, reactions, and...
- Alliance urges patient-oriented measures. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;10/16/95, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p52
Features healthcare purchasers and consumers alliance Foundation for Accountability (FAcct). Comments from Foundation for Accountability co-chairman Dwight McNeill; Release of the FAcct publication `Guidebook for Performance Assessment'; FAcct's push for consumer-oriented measures.
- New directions sets goals. // Automotive News;2/1/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5484, p45
Reports on the fears of New Directions, a Union of Automobile Workers (UAW) dissent group, on the outcome of the 1993 talks with the Big 3. Probable focus of too much attention on automakers' problems; Less attention on the needs of UAW members; Meeting in Detroit to discuss strategy for 1993...