- Case round-up by Eversheds 020 7919 4500. Wilson, Penny // Personnel Today;6/8/2004, p16
The article presents information on two court cases of employment. In the Rihal vs. Ealing London Borough Council, case, Rihal was a senior surveyor with the council. During his employment, he witnessed many organisational changes but, in terms of his own career development, failed to achieve...
- Legal Briefings. Hatch, D. Diane; Hall, James E.; Kobata, Mark T. // Workforce Management;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p18
Provides information on employment lawsuits in the U.S. Sex discrimination lawsuit filed by Catharina Costa against employer Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino; Liability of Hilton Hotels and IMI Data Search for the erroneous background checking of the employment application of Edward Socorro.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p21
Summarizes developments in employment case law in Great Britain as of August 1998. King versus The Hundred of Hoo Nursery concerning maternity notices; Divine-Bortey versus London Borough of Brent; Bills on employment.
- Top 10 ways employers get sued--and how to avoid them. Carmen, Peter D. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p19
Provides insights into the things that employers do to get sued. Negative consequence from an inflated performance evaluations and documentation; Treatment towards employee complaints about illegal conduct in the workplace; Reliance upon at-will employment.
- Legal checklist. Aikin, Olga // People Management;10/15/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p21
Presents information on the latest developments on employment case law in Great Britain. Information on the race discrimination case of Tchoula filed against Netto Foodstores Ltd.; Case of Great Britain Secretary of State for Education and Employment filed against Bearman and others regarding...
- Former police officer sues Santa Barbara Police Department for sexual orientation discrimination. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/30/2004, Issue 875, p33
Reports on the lawsuit filed by former police officer Ruben Lino against the Santa Barbara Police Department in California. Allegation of harassment and sexual discrimination; Details of the case.
- Lesbian Hairdresser Loses Title VII Claim Against Beauty Salon. A.S.L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Mar2003, p33
Focuses on the court ruling on a Title VII claim against a beauty salon brought by a lesbian hairdresser trainee in New York. Details on the discrimination claims of the hairdresser; Decision of the court to grant summary judgement to the employer; Basis of the plaintiff's allegations.
- Shades of meaning. O'Brien, Christine // People Management;2/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p27
Explores indirect sex discrimination claims of employees as in the case of Sykes versus JP Morgan. Arguments of Sykes, the claimant; Decision of the tribunal on the case; Reasons behind the tribunal's decision.
- Employees Gain Upper Hand In Discrimination Cases. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 142, p58
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Catharina Costa, an employee against her employer Caesars Palace for gender discrimination in the U.S. Role of plaintiff's gender in the employment decision of the court; Establishment of a discriminatory intent on the part of an employer; Details on the burden...