- Changes planned to correct UK failure on consultation. McMullen, John // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p45
Reports Britain's proposals to tighten up employee information and consultation rights in cases of redundancy or business transfer. European Court of Justice judgments against Britain; Lists of proposals for the legislation; Reactions of trade union representatives regarding the proposal.
- An employee's bill of rights. Sonnenberg, Frank K. // Supervisory Management;Nov93, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p10
Presents employee's rights inspired by the Bill of Rights. Determination of the best way to achieve goals; Treatment as part of the engine rather than as interchangeable parts; Perception as unique individuals; More.
- Labor law. // Reporter;Mar91, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p20
Discusses the objectives of the Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA) Weingarten rights, a clarification of a bargaining unit employee's rights, which was revised during the period of 1990-1991. Detailed information on Weingarten rights; Details on its significance; Reference to Merit...
- Retaliation claims increase. McShulskis, Elaine // HR Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on retaliation complaints, a legal trend in the workplace fueled by the rise in sexual harassment, discrimination and other workplace claims. How retaliation complaints could happen in the workplace; Difficulty of defending retaliation complaints; Employers defense against retaliation...
- Mexicans seek US-style workplace standards. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;11/30/99, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the growing movement of workers in Mexico for better workplace conditions and international standardization for workers' rights.
- California targets age firings. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p1
Looks at the concerns of employers regarding the possibility of a number of legislations increasing plaintiffs' litigation rights, as a result of the California 4th Appellate District's decision in the case of Michael J. Marks versus Loral Corporation. Comments from Mark Krausse, vice president...
- Green light for TUPE extension. // Personnel Today;2/25/2003, p3
Reports on plans of government to review the legislation, Transfer of Undertakings and Protection of Employment in Great Britain. Protection of employee rights when the business they work for is transferred to a new owner through the legislation.
- The 'Force' is not to be used during office hours. // Personnel Today;2/25/2003, p44
Presents guidelines to employers to protect the rights of followers of Jedi religion in Great Britain. Increase in the number of Jedis due to the popularity of Luke Skywalker in the 'Star War' films; Description of an employment tribunal considering a claim of discrimination against a Jedi warrior.
- Retroactive Benefits in Income Replacement Programs: Results from a Modified Natural Experiment. Curington, William P.; Farmer, Amy // Southern Economic Journal;Jul97, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p255
Provides information on Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Insurance in the United States. Information on the retroactive benefits in income replacement for employees; Impact of the benefits; Details on experiments using data and methodology; Examination of the labor supply incentive;...
- Opening the floor for fruitful debate. Vernon, Andy // People Management;6/27/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p40
Analyzes the requirement that organizations must consult with employee representatives when contemplating collective redundancies or business transfers and discusses its advantages. Three trade unions that created the regulations on consultation rights; Reason why the regulations should not be...