Girls' day under attack as tables turn against boys
- Will you survive your summer job? Rentmeester, Marlien // Seventeen;Jul96, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p46
Presents a questionnaire for teenage girls in the United States to help them assess if they can survive a summer job.
- Disappearing work. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1995, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p9
Reports on the findings of a study showing crisis proportions in the employment prospects for teenage women conducted by Dr. Ian Watson of the Australian Centre for Industrial Relations Research and Teaching. Tracing female teenage unemployment from 1947; Employment level during the 1970s and...
- Issues in the career development of adolescent females: Implications for educational and guidance... Guttman, Mary Alice Juli // Guidance & Counseling;Jan91, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p59
Examines the career behavior of adolescent females in Canada. Recommendations for guidance services; Career choices of female students; Course selection in colleges; Influence of early experiences and sex-role stereotyping on females' career choices; Career behavior and knowledge to maximize...
- Jobs conference. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1995, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on issues relating to the employment of teenage girls in Australia raised by Professor Belinda Probert of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology during the Jobs for Young Australians conference in Adelaide, South Australia. Nonexistence of full-time work for teenage girls; Negative...
- Should She Work? Read, Katy // Daughters;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the issue of having teenage daughters do part-time work. Association of part-time job with good academic performance; Need to let daughter choose a job related to tentative career; Link between longer hours and the use of alcohol and drugs. INSET: Five worst teen jobs.
- Women in the labor force: the early years. Grossman, Allyson Sherman // Monthly Labor Review;Nov75, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p3
Examines the labor force participation of teenage and young adult women workers in the United States. Factors that contributed to the increase in the number of teenage workers in the country; Difficulties encountered by women workers in the industry.
- make quick holiday cash. Mayo, Kierna // Cosmo Girl;Dec2003-Jan2004, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p102
Focuses on the various jobs available for teenage girls for the Christmas holiday. Gift wrapper; Catering assistant; Florist's assistant; Pet caretaker.
- Teen Girls Show Little Interest In Business Careers. // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/7/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p12
Reveals that majority of teenage girls in the U.S. show little interest in business careers according to a survey conducted by women's organization Committee of 200 and Simmons College School of Management. Percentage of respondents who expect to work to help support themselves or their...
- Hey, HOW'D YOU SCORE THAT COOL summer JOB? // Dolly;Dec2012, Issue 504, p56
The article reports on the summer jobs of several Australian teenage girls. Sixteen-year-old Sophie works at the Happy Lab lolly shop during the summer, which she describes as a job with a fun atmosphere and cool people. Nineteen-year-old Clerinda volunteers at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, New South...