Firms urged to pre-empt legislation on disclosure
- Your duty to disclose. Bordwin, Milton // Management Review;Jul96, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p55
Focuses on disclosure requirements in the United States that go beyond business deals. Determination of the legal obligation to disclose; Questions of disclosure as routine in sales situations; Erosion of old caveat emptor rules; Range of activity covered by the Federal Sentencing Guidelines;...
- The demise of a workable commercial speech doctrine: Dangers of extending First Amendment... Sweetland, Caren Schmulen // Texas Law Review;Dec97, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p471
Determines the effects of expanding the scope of the First Amendment protection to commercial disclosure requirements. Exploration of the commercial speech doctrine; Differences between complete bans on speech and commercial disclosure requirements; Reasons for not providing First Amendment...
- Medical Records Confidentiality Act flares up U.S. Senate debate. Scott, Jeanne // Health Management Technology;Jun96, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the debate in the US Senate on the Medical Records Confidentiality Act. Questions on the bill's curtailing of the use of most electronic data interchange (EDI) in healthcare; Other provisions of the bill; Prospects for passage of the legislation.
- Q: Does my association have to mail a copy of our most recent Form 990 to anyone who calls and... Hopkins, Bruce R. // Association Management;Sep95, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p24
Answers a reader's question on whether his association has to mail a copy of its Form 990 to anyone who calls and requests it. Law requiring the three most recent annual information returns to be made available for public inspection.
- Progress on lobbying Disclosure Act? // Association Management;Nov97, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p6
Announces that a proposal that would amend the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 may come before Congress when it adjourns in November 1997. Provision of bill; Impact of bill on many associations.
- Pay disclosure clarification. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;7/26/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p18
Announces the Securities and Exchange Commission's issuance of proxy disclosure rules. Reporting of companies' stock performance; Reports to shareholders on salary levels and types of compensation awarded top executives.
- Digital sunlight. // State Legislatures;Jan98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the passage of a California law requiring electronic filing of and Internet access to state political disclosure records by 2000.
- Employers seek to make sure inside information stays inside. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/6/97, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p11
Reports that companies want their employees to sign nondisclosure agreements, which can prevent them from discussing specific aspects of their job after leaving a company. Reference to the lawsuit filed against Volkswagen AG by General Motors, who charged that a former exployee of General Motors...
- Non-disclousre agreements protect competitive edge. Dubberly, David // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p6
Offers information on the legal protections available for trade secrets and various issues involved in non-disclosure agreements in South Carolina. Reference made to the South Carola Trade Secrets Act (SCTSA); Details on the Economic Espionage Act (EEA); Penalities for trading employees...