BIG TIMES/LITTLE TIMES
- On the Web. // Cobblestone;Oct2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p47
Presents information on several Web sites about southeastern Indians in the U.S.
- Reference on the web. Quinn, Mary Ellen // Booklist;03/01/2001, Vol. 97 Issue 13, p1324
Evaluates Mesoweb, a Web site focusing on archaeological research into Mesoamerican cultures.
- A Congresswoman Confronts the Pentagon. Gallagher, John // Advocate;12/31/91, Issue 593, p51
Focuses on efforts of California representative Barbara Boxer to end the military's ban on gays and lesbians. Career history of Boxer; Introduction of a resolution in the House of Representatives and in the Senate; Human rights bill; Plan of Boxer to seek the Democratic nomination.
- Ted Weathers for first openly gay federal judge. DeKoven, Rob // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/2/2009, Issue 1110, p23
In this article the author discusses the appointed committee of Senator Barbara Boxer for the Southern District in California.
- Women on the verge. Kaiser Jr., C. // Vogue;Mar92, Vol. 182 Issue 3, p330
Looks at how Barbara Boxer, 51, a northern California congresswoman, is gathering support for her campaign for the United States Senate. Discusses the problems Boxer and other female candidates face, and the results they hope to achieve in politics. Skepticism; Concerns; Supporters; Fund raising.
- Barbara Boxer off and running for a 3rd term. Friday, Wayne // Bay Area Reporter;4/24/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p9
Focuses on the campaign of Senator Barbara Boxer for the 2004 elections in the United States. Career history of Boxer; Possible opponents.
- Boxer rebellion. Stanglin, Douglas; Brownlee, Shannon // U.S. News & World Report;8/7/95, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer. How she is busy in Washington leading charges against Republican Senator Bob Packwood for alleged sexual harassment; Worry of some that she is losing touch with California voters; Approval ratings that are slumping.
- Glimpses from the Gala Fundraiser that was held for U.S. Senator BARBARA BOXER on Thursday, Oct. 21, 2010 at the City Garden Hotel in South San Francisco. // India -- West;10/29/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 49, pB13
Several photographs of the Gala Fundraiser held for the campaign of U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer on October 21, 2010, at the City Garden Hotel in South San Francisco, California, are presented.
- Boxer challenges delay in polar bear listing. Malmgren, Jessica // Hill;4/3/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p20
The article reports that U.S. Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer of California, chairperson of the Senate Environment and Public Works, has criticized the administration of President George Bush for the delay in determining whether the polar bear should be listed as a threatened species.