- Introduction. Latta, Frank F. // Indian Summer: Traditional Life Among the Choinumne Indians of C;1993, p19
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one which describes the San Joaquin Valley in California and another which discusses the traditional life of Choinumne Indians in San Joaquin Valley.
- Samoset and Squanto. Tougias, Michael J. // Cobblestone;Sep2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p20
Provides information on Samoset and Squanto, the American Indians who served as interpreters and guides for the English Pilgrims in 1621.
- LETTER: The White Man's Way. Anquoe, Kelly B. // Native American Times;4/15/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p5
The article presents a letter that calls for an end to the practice of name-calling and racism, and for Indian people to work for peace within and with others.
- Cases Cited. // Self-Determination: The Other Path for Native Americans;2006, p321
The article lists several court cases in the U.S., including Brendale v. Confederated Tribes & Bands of Yakima Indian Nation, C&L Enterprises Inc. v. Citizen Band Potawatomi Indian Tribe, and California v. Cabazon Band of Mission Indians.
- INDEX. // Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditio;1992, p297
A subject index for the book "The Sacred Hoop: Recovering the Feminine in American Indian Traditions," is presented.
- Songs of the people. GOODING, ERIK D. // Notes;Sep1998, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p37
Opinion. Offers a documentary of the recordings of American Indian music during the era of the cassette. Mention of the Great Plains region of the United States and Canada; Inclusions of Plains-style music by non-Plains groups and recordings of Peyote music by Plains groups; Who the non-Plain...
- Snoqualmie Ethnicity: Community and Continuity. Tollefson, Kenneth D.; Abbott, Martin L // American Indian Quarterly;Fall98, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p415
Analyzes the extent to which the American Indians, who are living within the Snoqualmie River drainage system in Washington state, have maintained a sense of identity and community in the presence of severe opposition. Loss of aboriginal villages; Reduction in subsistence resources; Persistent...
- Govt. Issues Notification for NRI Voting Rights. // India -- West;12/3/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 2, pA18
The article reports on the issuance of a notification by the U.S. government for the voting rights of non-resident Indians in India.
- 'I hope something good comes out of this'. Rahman, Azera // South Asian Post;9/1/2011, p6
In this article the author discusses the possible positive outcome of the Indian's fight against corruption.
- Language preservation. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;8/1/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p7
The article highlights the Montana Indian Language Preservation Pilot Program, which was created by the Montana state government to preserve tribal languages and will offer 2 million U.S. dollars to eight tribes working to keep the languages from dying out.