'Knockout' Swap Feature in Refunding Saves Chicago $6M
- Discretion to Abate Interest. // Practical Accountant;Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p18
Reports the authority of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to abate interest assessed on erroneous refunds exceeding 50,000 dollars under the Service Center Advice Memorandum 200223001.
- Orange County, Fla., Set for $61 Million Tourist-Backed Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p31
Reports the selling of a tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds by Orange County in Florida. Details on the proceeds of the bonds; Information on the rating of refunding debts; Use of a tourism tax on Walt Disney World.
- Edgewood ISD board to refinance $3,725,000 in bonds. Ashley, Kathryn // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/24/2008, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the adoption of the order authorizing the issuance of Unlimited Tax Refunding Bonds, Series 2008 by the Edgewood ISD Board of Trustees in Texas.
- Tax Refund Loans Called Predatory. Paletta, Damian // American Banker;2/1/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 22, p5
Reports the percentage range of annual interest rate on tax refund advancement loans according to the Consumer Federation of America and National Consumer Law Center in the U.S. Delivery of deceptive and inflated fees by the loans; Form of predatory lending; Use of tax refund by the customers...
- Virginia Governor Worries Shortfall Could Worsen to Over $500 Million. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/25/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31435, p36
Reports the decrease of bond revenues in Virginia in the year 2002. Increase in income tax refunds; Reduction in government spending; Proposal of a budget bill for the year 2003&ndash2004.
- Tax refund coming? Here's how to spend it. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);3/25/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, pB15
Focuses on the significance of the tax refunds to several individuals in Spokane, Washington. Use of the tax refunds for paying high-interest credit card debts; Increase on the total amount of savings; Sources of business funds.
- Illinois Readies a $1B Ran Issue, To Be Followed by $400M of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31428, p36
Reports the marketing of revenue anticipation certificates and general obligation bonds in Illinois. Answer to the cash flow needs of the state; Prevention of hardship for state vendors; Utilization of the proceeds for income tax refunds.
- 2000's Loss Could Be 2001's Gain. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p1
Reports on the volume of bond sales in the United States in the fourth quarter of 2000. Impact of higher interest rates on the bond sector; Effects of surging economic growth and a soaring stock market in the U.S.; Projected bond sales in 2001.
- October Sees Huge Surge In Issuance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p1
Reports on the increase in long-term bond issuance in the U.S. Total amount of issuance as of October 2001; Influence of lower interest rate on the increase; Response of investors to the plan of the government to suspend 30-year bond issuance.