- Atlantic City Misses $62 Million Tax Refund Payment. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34430, p1
A Dec. 19 deadline for Atlantic City to pay the Borgata $62 million in tax refunds has passed and now the casino giant is asking a judge to order the payment.
- Hawaii Gov. Lingle Focuses On Broad Tax Relief for Families, Businesses. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/24/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32553, p36
The article reports on the proposal of Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle concerning broad tax relief for families and business. According to the governor, because the state constitution requires them to give all taxpayers a refund, and she has left enough room in her budget for a $100 per-person tax...
- Penguins set to christen brand-new arena. Robinson, Alan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/7/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 237, p10
The article features the hockey arena Consol Energy Center, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Ariz. Developer's Default Alters Landscape at NHL Arena. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31595, p32
Reports on the development of National Hockey League arena in the Phoenix suburb of Glendale, Arizona. Background of the project; Problems associated with the delay of the project; Highlights of the project.
- Market Post: Deals Price; Munis Weaken. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;12/11/2014, p27
The article reports on the issuance in the U.S. municipal bond market in December 2014. Topics covered include the value of the bonds issued by Bexar County, Texas, the expected percentage yield from unlimited tax refunding bonds and the value of flood control tax refunding bonds. Also mentioned...
- THE INLINE HOCKEY GOAL. Douglas, Scott // Parks & Recreation;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p58
Provides a guide on creating a successful inline hockey program in the U.S. Conception and construction of inline hockey rinks; Approaches in building community for rink construction; Role of the local National Hockey League in opening an inline hockey rink. INSETS: THE NATIONAL GOVERNING...
- Foreclosure Looms for Glendale, Ariz., Arena Complex. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;6/22/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33537, p5
The article looks at the financial troubles appearing on a Glendale Arena, a sports and entertainment arena in Glendale, Arizona, due to prospective foreclosure of the adjoining Westgate City Center retail and entertainment complex.
- Is it time for The Joe to go? Morath, Eric // Crain's Detroit Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the financial benefits of arena for hockey team Detroit Red Wings in Michigan. Revenue of the team; Details on the suites of the Joe Louis Arena; Plan relocation of the hockey arena.
- HOW TO ICE A DIAMOND. DELESSIO, JOE // New York;1/20/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p17
The article offers step-by-step instructions for installing a rink in the middle of New York City's Yankee Stadium.