Newly Upgraded Houston-Area College District Hits Market
- Florida legislature approves huge bond slate for schools. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;11/10/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30270, p1
Announces the issuance of bonds to build more classrooms and school repairs in several Florida districts approved by the US Senate and House. Details of the package; Approximation of the state's share of bond proceeds; Provisions under the plan; Annual pledge of Florida to the debt service on...
- DASNY Approves $501 Million of Issuance. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/31/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32994, p4
The article reports on the $501 million of tax-exempt bonds issued by the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) to school districts. DASNY states that the bonds provide financial support to districts across the state in the renovation and construction of schools. Information on...
- California Voters to Face $13B Measure. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p1
Reports on the vote to approve a general obligation bond measure for school construction in California. Senate approval of the multi-year package; Uses of the bond proceeds; Value of the approved measures for local school districts.
- Officials question if QZABs will live up to their promise. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p7
Focuses on the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program which aims to provide federal assistance for local school construction efforts in the United States. Reasons cited why the program will not be able to accomplish its goal; Small amount of bonds in the program; Comment by Jeff Maddrey, attorney...
- Lincoln, Neb., to seek voter approval for $100 million to build high schools. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30659, p36
Reports that Lincoln, Nebraska's Board of Education has asked voters to approve up to $100 million of general obligation bonds to build two high schools. Benefits from the construction of the high school buildings.
- New Mexico forced to find new financing formula for schools. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30697, p1
Reports on New Mexico's search for financing of school construction activities. Taking away of money from districts that lack the wealth to support bond issues; Allocation of construction funds to school districts.
- Los Angeles School Board Seeks Construction Bond. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;12/3/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p4
Los Angeles voters will be asked to support a U.S. $3.87 billion bond issue next year to renovate and build new classrooms. The school board of the Los Angeles Unified School District agreed unanimously last month to put the bond issue on the March 2 ballot. Under the plan, the 750,000-student...
- TEXAS: Judson ISD Sets Debt Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/8/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33841, p5
The article reports that Judson Independent School District in Texas is seeking for an approval of bond package of 83 million U.S. dollars for the construction of two schools.
- Rhode Island Refunds $175M for Economic Development. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/27/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34349, p1
Proceeds from Rhode Island's $175 million general obligation bond refunding will benefit economic development and school construction initiatives, said Treasurer Seth Magaziner.
- Arizona State to Sell $217 Million in COPs, Revenue Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p3
Reports on the marketing of revenue bonds by Arizona State University. Price of the debt offering; Construction of classrooms and parking structure; Expansion of the bookstore and athletics building.