Munis Rise as Equities Resume Slide; $251 Million of N.Y. Thruways Price
- Munis Follow Treasuries on Weaker GDP. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;4/29/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33902, p2
The article reports the impact of increase in sales of municipal bonds which increased the gross domestic product at an annual rate of 2.5 percent in the U.S. financial security market.
- Municipal Bond Prices Close Flat; Tone Positive Ahead of New Deals. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/28/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31395, p2
Reports the decline in the municipal bonds during a holiday-shortened trading season in New York. Decline in gross domestic product; Factors affecting the gross domestic product; Stability in home sales.
- Stock market booms and real economic activity: Is this time different? Binswanger, Mathias // International Review of Economics & Finance;2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p387
Since World War II, the United States has experienced two large booms on the stock market. During the first boom, which lasted from the late 1940s to the mid-1960s, stock returns were clearly leading real activity. Moreover, the evidence also suggests the existence of predictable return...
- Local shares fairly priced. Klerk, Vic de // Finance Week;10/25/2002, p36
Analyzes the performance of the Johannesburg Securities Exchange (JSE) in South Africa in 2002 in terms of the country's gross domestic product (GDP). Comparison of the total market capitalization of all listed shares to the GDP; Level of the JSE market capitalization as a percentage of GDP;...
- CSE Pauses For Breath. // Asia Weekly Financial Alert;7/7/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 41, p3
Sri Lanka's Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) continues to correct from its sharp rally, with the index dropping through 14-day moving average support of 1,020, as of July 7, 2003. Two stocks continue to outperform the wider bourse, with National Development Bank trading around LKR162.00. Tokyo...
- Strong market anticipates rate cuts. Sparshott, Jeffrey // Warsaw Business Journal;12/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p23
Reports on the stock market in Warsaw, Poland. Decline of interest rates; Slowdown of the gross domestic product; Increase of Warsaw Stock Exchange blue chips.
- The New Reality: Readjusting Growth Expectation in the Post-Inflation Economy. Smyth, Rod // U.S. Banker;Nov2002, Vol. 112 Issue 11, p86
Discusses the root causes of the accounting problems regarding the growth in the gross domestic product and capital markets as of November 2002. Impact of the fall in inflation on growth in sales; Possibility of the maintenance of profit-growth rates in the absence of endlessly expanding profit...
- BRIC Markets to Continue To Offer Incredible Gains. // Money Management Executive;11/12/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p7
The article reports on the result of the analysis conducted by the global financial services firms Morgan Stanley and Bloomberg on the total valuation of the stock markets in Brazil, Russia, India and China or BRIC markets as compared to their combined gross domestic product (GDP). The firms...
- Muni Prices Stable in Light Trading As Treasuries React to GDP Figures. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;12/3/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31276, p2
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of December 2001. Prices of municipal bonds; Increase in the number of bond issues; Reduction in gross domestic product.