NEWS IN BRIEF
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T.; Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32401, p2
The article reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. According to Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland president Sandra Pianalto, the three percent increase in the annualized rate of the core consumer price index over the past three months is troublesome. A $42.8 billion deficit higher...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p2
Presents several news briefs related to the U.S. bond market as of February 26, 2003. Auction of four week bills by the Treasury Department; Increase in sales of existing homes in January; Decline in the consumer confidence index.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31411, p2
Reports developments related to bond issues in the U.S. as of June 2002. Announcement on the increase in core rate by the Labor Department; Increase in the median consumer price index for May 2002; Auction of four-week bills by the Treasury Department.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 7, 2003. Amount of the four-week discount bills on sale by the Treasury Department; Decrease of the tender rates included in discount bills; Percentage of the auctioned inflation indexed notes.
- Munis Unchanged in Light Trading: Supply Concerns Weigh on Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p2
Reports on the bond market in the United States as of November 11, 2003. Auction of the United States Department of the Treasury.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/25/2003, Vol. 246 Issue 31769, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Prediction of economic growth; Decline of households' holiday spending; Trading of four-week discount bills by the Treasury Department.
- Treasury to Raise $9.0B With 4-Week Bills Today. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32445, p2
The article reports on the plan of the Treasury Department to auction its $24 billion of four-week discount bills and will be used to refund the $15 billion maturing bills in the U.S.
- Munis Weaker, Reflecting Treasury Softness. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/16/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33150, p2
The author focuses on the performance of the municipal market of the U.S. during the July 15, 2009 period. He says that the market has shown some weakness due to softness in the Treasury as well. He provides that the Treasury's benchmark 10-year note has opened at 3.47 percent and closed at 3.63...
- Batten Down. Keefe, John // Plan Sponsor;Sep2014, p5
The article focuses on the need to invest in real assets to preserve purchasing power and combat inflation. Topics mentioned include an overview of asset classes that can respond constructive to inflation, a description of real assets which are said to be able to intrinsically preserve their...