XLCA Gets License To Insure in Calif
- New Guarantor XLCA Gets Ready to Compete in the Primary Market. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p7
Focuses on the business status of XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a public finance guarantor in the United States. Preparations undertaken by XLCA for its municipal bond deals; Stability of the company in the business market; Bond insurance provided by XLCA for Long Island Power Authority.
- XL Takes $647M Reserve Hit. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p5
Reports on Bermuda Islands-based insurance company XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s announcement that it its taking a $647 million after-tax charge for its 2003 fourth quarter. Major components to XL's overall reserve charge; Plan to issue convertible securities to raise at least $750 million in the...
- Company Spotlight: XL Capital. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Feb2010, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p27
The article profiles insurance company XL Capital Assurance Inc. in Bermuda Islands. It mentions that the company offers insurance and reinsurance coverage, financial products and services, and serves industrial, commercial and professional service enterprises. It notes that risk management...
- XL Capital Posts Record Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p7
Reports on the net income of XL Capital Ltd., the Bermuda-based owner of bond insurer XL Capital Assurance Inc., for the second quarter of 2003. Sources of the net income; Gross premiums written by the company during the same period.
- XLCA Pays $10.6M To Banks: Latest Maneuver in Jefferson Co. Crisis. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/4/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32892, p1
The article reports on the move of XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA) to make a payment of $10.6 million to the liquidity banks that provide standby bond purchase agreements on the sewer warrants of Jefferson County, Alabama. XLCA is the bond insurer of the county's sewer warrants. Meanwhile, the...
- XLCA Hires MBIA Vets For Public Finance Dept. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;5/30/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32391, p7
The article reports on the hiring of MBIA Insurance Corp. veterans Adam T. Bergonzi and Rosalie Jackson by triple-A rated bond insurer XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA) for its public finance department. Bergonzi will be a managing director in the company's credit risk management group and will...
- XL Capital launches public finance,ABS holding company and IPO. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;4/17/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p9
The article reports that XL Capital, an issuer of bonds, created Security Capital Assurance, a new holding company that will oversee its financial guaranty insurance and reinsurance businesses in the U.S. in 2006. An initial public offering has also been launched by XL Capital to finance the...
- XLCA Set to Expand in Response to Growing Investor Demand for Liquidity. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p6
Reports on the business operations of XL Capital Assurance (XLCA) Inc. in New York City. Hiring of several members for its expansion; Influence of investors' demand for greater liquidity on the rush expansion of the company; Financial performance of XLCA for the first three quarters.
- People in Insurance. // Best's Review;Jun2006, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on developments related to executives in the insurance industry in the United States as of June 1, 2006. John Gallagher has been appointed XL Capital Ltd.'s chief underwriting officer of the company's global property operations. David Greenfield has been named chief financial...