Taxman Asked for Break
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p38
Presents several charts depicting the bond issues as of August 7, 2002 in the U.S. Market indicators; Rate of the short-term tax-exempt yields; Prices for government securities.
- U.S. tax reform worries states. // State Government News;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the concern of the states in the United States over federal tax reform. Loss of the tax-exempt status of governmental bonds; Ability of state governments to access low-cost financing; Effect of federal tax code on savings and investment.
- Treasury officials brief House tax writers as reform push intensifies. Becker, Bernie // Hill;7/10/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 83, p12
The article reports on the briefing of House Ways and Means Committee regarding technical tax issues which was done by the U.S. Treasury officials.
- Treasury securities reopenings. // Practical Accountant;Jan2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Informs on United States regulations that deal with the federal tax treatment of reopenings of Treasury securities.
- Risk and Return in the TIPS Market. Betty, Winfield P.; Bhanot, Karan // Financial Services Review;Summer2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p190
Examines the risk and return characteristics of Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS) in the U.S. Negative qualities of TIPS for taxable investors; Comparison of TIPS to those of a series of investments in Treasury Bills; Impact of taxes and real estates.
- SERIES EE BONDS SMART BUYS FOR MANY INVESTORS. Wootton, Charles W.; Hogan, Stephen V. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul92, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p121
Series EE bonds offer many features that make them attractive investments for most investors today. For example, they provide returns greater than many certificates of deposit or U.S. Treasury notes of equivalent maturity. They also provide substantial relief for middle-income investors needing...
- State Tax Treatment of Municipal Bonds: 2004. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p6
Presents a chart showing state tax treatment of municipal bonds in the United States in the year 2004. Tax status; Tax rates and brackets.
- Summary of tax-related issues on the general election ballot. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/6/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p26
The article focuses on some tax-related ballot issues that Utah voters should consider during the November 2006 election. Constitutional Amendment 1 would allow the state Legislature to exempt tangible personal property that would generate an inconsequential amount of revenue if subject to...
- T.R.B. from Washington. // New Republic;5/4/63, Vol. 148 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the political developments taking place in the world with emphasis on the U.S. Need for the government to pay off debts to improve treasury bonds; Refusal of Martin Epstein to waive immunity in the inquiry into corruption over state liquor licenses; Development of programs to resolve...