Chicago Board of Education Places QZABs, Plans $215 Million in GOs
- N.Y. bond act vulnerable without spending plan, opponents say. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30204, p3
Focuses on the arguments raised by opponents of New York's $2.4 billion school bond act, set to go before voters on November 4, 1997. Lack of an implementing legislation seen; Arguments raised by the act's proponents; Failure of legislators to agree on how the bond act should be implemented;...
- Texas lists possible school grant recipients. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the Texas Education Agency's release of a list of school districts that could share state money to cover debt service on future bond issues. Total worth of funds to be shared by the school districts; Features of the instructional facilities allotments program by the agency;...
- DOD waives bond requirements for DBE. Treiber, Donald // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p11
Discusses the Department of Defense (DOD) waiving of bond requirement for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). Encouragement of examination of interim rule.
- New Cook County Team Clears Way for Its First Deal. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/28/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33556, p8
The article reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved a master bond ordinance that allows the county to enter the bond market up to 425 million dollars of refunding bonds to balance the fiscal budget in 2011.
- GFOA adopts recommended practice for government issue of taxable debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/11/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30329, p4
Focuses on the Government Finance Officers Association's Committee on Governmental Debt and Fiscal Policy's adoption of recommended practice on issuing taxable debt. Features of the growing popularity of taxable bonds; Structural features that can provide long-term benefits for taxable bonds;...
- MSRB warns about issuers choosing underwriters' counsel. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30472, p5
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has warned bond issuers about selecting an underwriter's counsel. Issuers' need to disclose issuer-counsel relationship in the bond documents; Details of the MSRB's notice.
- Rein in the bond dealers! Ivins, Molly // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 52, p1B
Comments on the need for the regulation of bond dealers in the United States. Losses of companies from mistakes of traders.
- Wisconsin takes aim at convention with new POS format. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30394, p3
Focuses on Wisconsin's use of a more reader-friendly preliminary official statement (POS) for its two upcoming bond issues. Format of the POS; Advantages over traditional format; Securities and Exchange Commission's plain-English disclosure order.
- California Schools on Notice. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/11/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p9
The article focuses on the concern of California Attorney General Kamala Harris regarding the misuse of original issue premiums by school districts in the state. It mentions that a letter from Harris has put bond attorneys, issuers and underwriters on notice for the unauthorized sale of school...