Three Calif. School Districts to Put $350 Million to Voters
- Colorado Schools Posing $817M Of Bond Questions in November. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31719, p1
Reports on the statewide ballot in Colorado on November 4, 2003 to authorize school districts to issue $817 million of general obligation debt. Several propositions that will be approved by the voters; Various school districts that are seeking approval for bond issue; Approval sought for mill...
- Richardson, Tex., Officials Planning Joint City-School Election. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p6
The article reports that the city of Richardson, Texas and the Richardson Independent School District plan to jointly seek approval from voters for the issuance of general obligation bonds to fund infrastructure projects. The combination vote has been considered because the state of Texas passed...
- Clover Park Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p37
Reports on the multi-million general obligation bond measure for Clover Park School District faced by voters in Lakewood. Use of the bonds to finance the rebuilding of lakes High School; Plan of public forums for Citizens' Committee.
- CALIFORNIA: Stockton USD Shrinks a Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/9/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p9
The article reports that the Stockton Unified School District board has decided to downsize the bond authorization it will request from voters in February 2008 in California. The district will be asking for $464 million of bond authorization instead of $673 million, in effect would reduce the...
- Wary Texas Voters Reject Nearly Halfof$1.3B Sought at Elections. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32216, p1
Reports on the endorsement of new bond authorizations by voters in Texas. Opposition of voters on the new debt sought by Spring Independent School District; Other bond proposals being opposed by voters; Need of schools of new facilities because of the state's steady growth in students.
- California Voters Face $2.3 Billion: Dozens of GO Issues On luesdav Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32889, p1
The article reports that California voters will cast their votes on at least 36 local general obligation bond measures appearing on ballots in the June 2, 2008 U.S. primary elections. The biggest bond measure is a $378 million request from the Palo Alto Unified School District for the renovation...
- Rebuff in San Antonio. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/31/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32143, p47
This article reports that voters in the San Antonio Independent School District rejected a $399 million general obligation bond package that would have provided funding to renovate eight high schools and expand classrooms for pre-kindergarten students. The vote also had a relatively large...
- Washington Schools Get Thumbs Up on Referendums to the Tune of $221 Million. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p3
Reports that several school districts in Washington are headed for approval for the sale of general obligation bonds. Total value of bonds that are waiting for approval; School bond measures which are approved in the year 2001; Approval won by the Auburn School District.
- Denver's Aurora Public Schools to Fund Intial Face-lift with $150M Sale. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31583, p49
Reports on the plans of Aurora Public Schools to issue $150 million general obligation bonds in the United States. Underwriters of the deal; Ratings of the bond issue; Reference to bonds sold by the Schools since 1984.