Tax Legislation: Repeal of Corporate AMT Highlight Of House's Economic Stimulus Bill
- House OK's AMT, Katrina Relief. McConnell, Alison // Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p30
The article reports on the approval of the alternative minimum tax (AMT) relief bill and the Gulf Opportunity Zone Act of 2005 for U.S. Gulf Coast states affected by Hurricane Katrina by the House of Representatives. The relief measure would provide an estimated $14.8 billion in additional...
- House Approves Additional AMT Relief. Cohen, Richard E.; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;5/8/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p1422
Focuses on the bill approved by the U.S. Congress on May 5, 2004 designed to continue providing taxpayers with relief from the alternative minimum tax (AMT). Provisions of the House bill; Comments from House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.); Reason behind the opposition of Democrats on the bill.
- Tax bill includes "carried interest" provision. // SCTWeek;10/29/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p2
The article reports that U.S. Representative Charles B. Rangel of New York, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, introduced legislation that would lessen the impact of the alternative minimum tax and lower the corporate tax rate. Rangel proposes to pay for the measure in part by...
- House votes for AMT patch. // Accounting Today;12/17/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the approval of a $78 billion bill on the alternative minimum tax (AMT) by the U.S. House. The bill is designed to provide a temporary fix to prevent the alternative minimum tax from spreading to more taxpayers. The bill is expected to increase the taxes imposed on...
- House Committee Approves AMT 'Patch,' QZAB Extension. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p37
The article reports on the approval of a legislation by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee that would protect over 23 million taxpayers from the individual alternative minimum tax (AMT). The bill was sponsored by committee chairman Charles Rangel which was debated about whether Congress...
- AMT guidance issues: (1) Calculating AMTI. // Practical Accountant;May94, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
Reports on a proposed regulation that provides noncorporate taxpayers guidance on computing alternative minimum taxable income (AMTI).
- ACE-LIFO recapture adjustment transition. // Practical Accountant;May94, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p16
Reports on a tax regulation that provides transition rules on computing LIFO recapture adjustment to adjusted current earnings for alternative minimum tax (AMT).
- Connecticut enacts alternative minimum tax. Tiske III, Joseph A. // CPA Journal;Apr94, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p69
Reports on the passage of Connecticut's House Bill 6605, that assesses an alternative minimum tax (AMT) on its individual taxpayers. Eligibility for Connecticut's AMT; Computation of the AMT; Federal alternative minimum taxable income; AMT paid to another jurisdiction.
- Taxing questions about the AMT. Pedone, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/12/98, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p1
Talks about alternative minimum tax (AMT) whose changes went into effect on January 1, 1998. Passage of a package of technical corrections to the Taxpayer Relief Act by the House of Representatives; Small business exemptions; Kiddie tax.