Housing: Bill OKs Credits for Projects Near Low-Income Areas
- Applying the Next-Available Unit Rule. Rayburn, Matt // Tax Credit Housing Management Insider;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses the issue on next-available unit rule for low-income housing tax credit in Indiana.
- New Bill Would Allow Tax Credits For Projects Near Low-Income Areas. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31662, p6
A recently proposed legislation would allow low-income housing tax credits to be used for properties located adjacent to officially designated low-income areas in the U.S. The plan if enacted could encourage debt issuance levels. The bill was introduced by representative of Georgia's Democratic...
- Getting More from the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit. Emden, Craig A. // Journal of Affordable Housing & Community Development Law;Fall2008, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
The article offers information on the U.S. Affordable Housing and Community Development Law. For the past twenty years, the low-income housing tax credit has been the primary vehicle for increasing the stock of affordable housing units in the U.S. However the tax credit industry is now in...
- Making Room. // National Mortgage News;3/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p4
Editorial. Comments on the Bush administration's proposed single-family tax credit program. Consideration of existing tax credit for multifamily construction in the U.S.; Worries expressed during the annual meeting of the National Housing and Rehabilitation Association; Implementation of the...
- Harlem will always be my home. Rangel, Charles B. // New York Amsterdam News;7/17/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 30, p13
The author reflects on the criticisms brought about by the enactment of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit legislation in New York. As the author of said law, he only wishes that everyone would be able to have a comfortable place to live and provide his constituents suitable housing. As a...
- Tax Credits. // Economic Opportunity Report;2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p10
The article informs that a three-part plan has been put forward by a coalition of approximately 40 industry groups to revitalize the battered low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) market. The plan calls the U.S. Congress to extend the Housing Tax Credit Exchange Program, which was established...
- House Approves LIHTC Proposal. Bailey, Dawn // National Mortgage News;07/31/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p11
Reports on the United States House of Representatives' approval of a bill that would increase the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit. Financing for the construction and renovation of affordable multifamily housing; Creation of empowerment zones.
- Affordable Housing. // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p289
An introduction is given to the other articles in this issue and the topic of affordable housing for low income families to which they are all devoted.
- Glossary. // Congressional Digest;Dec2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p290
A glossary of terms related to the issue of low income housing legislation is presented.