- Less Bonding! Lower Taxes! Schundler Wants Both for N.J. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;03/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31098, p31
Reports on the bonding and taxation plans of Bret Schundler, mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey. Impact of debt on the economy; Growth of state revenues.
- Schundler Advances the Right Ideals. Harder, James // Insight on the News;04/23/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p37
Interviews Bret Schundler, the Republican mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey. Family life and educational background; Work experiences; Reasons for leaving the Democratic Party; Views concerning taxation and inner-city funding; Opinion on voucher programs in schools; Information on his plans to...
- Seeking a freer rein. // Education Week;5/10/95, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p18
Presents a photograph of New Jersey Mayor Bret Schundler testifying at a House Budget Committee hearing on loosening federal regulations on education.
- Bret Schundler. Hodge, Sharon Brooks // Headway;Jan96, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p11
Profiles Jersey City, New Jersey Mayor Bret Schundler. Background; Political career; Description of Schundler as an unconventional Republican; Schundler's political outlook and objectives; Schundler's belief in education.
- Schundler's List (Of Winning Qualities). Gizzi, John // Human Events;01/29/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p14
Profiles Mayor Bret Schundler of Jersey City, New Jersey. Information on his career as a politician; Efforts to address various political and social issues; Organization strategies and fundraising initiatives for his campaign.
- Let's look toward 2008. Buckley Jr., William F. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p221
Profiles New Jersey City Mayor Bret Schundler. Views on politics; Educational background; Racial composition of New Jersey City; Factors influencing the people to select Schundler in the mayoral position; Moral philosophy in life.
- NEW JERSEY, THE PROVING GROUND STATE. Schneider, William // National Journal;7/7/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p2198
Reports that the outcome of the Republican primary in New Jersey in June 2001 has turned the state into a proving ground. Details on the victory of Bret Schundler in the primary; Political attributes of Schundler.
- New Jersey. // Reports of the National Center for Science Education;May/Jun2010, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p5
The article reports that Republican nominee Bret Schundler was confirmed as the state commissioner in New Jersey by the full Senate on March 11, 2010, in which his nomination was sent by the Senate Judiciary Committee with 11-0 votes.
- The Lesson for Business In Schundler's Defeat. Hansen, Chris // Business News New Jersey;12/4/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p13
Reports the implications of the political defeat of Bret Schundler on the November 6, 2001 elections for the business community in New Jersey. Distrust of the public on business leaders; Misconception on the contribution of business leaders in job creation; Impact of corporate downsizing on...