Parent Company Problems Could Prompt Sell-off
- Back to School. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;12/16/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 50, p30
Deals with the educational marketing activities of trade publishers in the U.S. Information on the educational materials created by publishers; Examples of license agreements between publishers and distributors; Distribution to teachers; Contribution of book clubs and fairs to the market trend.
- Market Trends in the South Indian Publishing Region. Kanda, Subash // Publishing Research Quarterly;Dec2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p270
This article aims to study the publishing trends in South India, including the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka. It also gives an insight into the markets in South India for English and Regional language books. As many international publishers are moving towards the Indian book market,...
- Textbook Exports Increase Signifi cantly in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;6/9/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the improvement of export activity for textbooks shipped overseas from the U.S. in the first quarter of 2008. It reveals that the export and import trends reflect global opportunities that are important to education publishers. It also notes that the value of textbooks...
- PreK-12 Sales Continue Decline, but Pace Slows. // Educational Marketer;4/27/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the slow rate of decline in sales in PreK-12 market in the U.S. in February 2009. It states that sales of textbooks in adoption states increased 3.9% to 24.7 million which implies a significant decrease compared to the same month in 2008. It notes the decline of textbook...
- Comestible Considerations in Research Development. Sobol, Marion G. // Interfaces;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p118
This article aims to provide advice on sources of material for research publications and factors to consider in writing and publishing research articles and demonstrate how to combine grocery list considerations and academic publishing aspirations. The grocery list also provides tremendous...
- CORPORATE HIERARCHIES IN MARKETS: THE EFFECTS OF STRUCTURE AND STRATEGY ON ORGANIZATIONAL SURVIVAL. OCASIO, WILLIAM; THORNTON, PATRICIA H. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2006, pK1
Although corporate hierarchies are a dominant organizational form in U.S. industry, their effects on the survival of component business units remains relatively understudied. We examine the effects of market diversification and vertical integration at the business-unit level and industry...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;09/20/99, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p8
Presents news briefs related to the educational publishing industry as of September 20, 1999.
- News Briefs. // Educational Marketer;11/15/99, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p7
Presents news briefs related to the educational publishing industry as of November 15, 1999.
- News Briefs. . . // Educational Marketer;3/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p8
Presents news briefs related to the educational publishing industry in the U.S. recent as of March 2003.