Struggling to Balance Budget, Kentucky Hit With Negative Outlook
- Stuck in neutral. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p1
While some rays of economic optimism are showing, high unemployment and state budget woes contribute to a sense that Michigan is stuck in neutral. Through 2003's third quarter, the latest state employment data show little evidence of job improvement in Southeast Michigan. Unemployment rates...
- Moody's: Big New Jersey Revenue Shortfall a Credit Negative. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/1/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34102, p1
The article reports that, New Jersey's recently announced big revenue shortfall is a credit negative for the state, as mentioned by bond credit rating firm Moody's Investors Service Inc. It also mentions that the New Jersey Department of the Treasury announced that the state was expecting total...
- A Surfeit of Revenue. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p43
Reports that the state of Wyoming is expected to reap about one billion dollars of unanticipated revenue heading into preparations for the biennial 2005-2006 budget. State's general fund expense budget for the 2003-2004 biennium; Impact of high natural gas prices on revenue from the state's...
- Anticipating Tax Revenue Declines, Minnesota Looks for Cuts. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p56
Reports on budget cuts by Minnesota to address tax revenue declines, according to the state's budget director. Plans that budget officials have asked state agencies to prepare; Budget cycle followed by the state; Potential cuts to offset a decline in four tax revenue streams.
- No Budget Means Raws For California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p1
Focuses on the proposal of state controller Kathleen Connell to issue a revenue anticipation warrants in San Francisco, California. Use of the warrants to pay the outstanding raws of the state; Requirements for the issuance of the revenue anticipation notes; Factors influencing the normal cash...
- N.Y. leaders turn to taxes, fees to balance state budget. Gormley, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 148, p2
The article reports on the search of Albany for revenue to counterbalance a state budget that is almost three months late in New York in June 2010.
- W.Va.'s Recently Passed Budget Raises Many Questions. Sobonya, Kelli // State Journal (WV);5/6/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p37
In this article the author discusses the criticisms to the state budget due to the inappropriate identification of the unclassified revenue in West Virginia.
- By the numbers. // njbiz;5/5/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p1
The article focuses on the shortfall in New Jersey's state budget and the reason for the downgrading of its credit rating by Fitch Ratings.
- As Utah Deficit Grows, Lawmakers Consider Tapping Rainy-Day Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p3
Reports on the fiscal 2002 budget deficit faced by the Utah legislators as of February 21, 2002. Possibility of increased revenue from the 2002 Winter Olympic Games; Cause of the economic slowdown in the state.