TXU Electric Seeks Tender Offers on $682 Million of Debt
- TXU Electric Still Negotiating With Bondholders. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p3
Reports on the negotiation made by TXU Electric Co. with bondholders concerning the purchase of outstanding pollution control revenue bonds in Dallas, Texas. Total amount of the bond; Citations of the issuers of the bonds; Plans for the bonds not included in the repurchase program.
- Texas Utility Sets $1.16B Restructuring. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p1
Reports on the sale of tax-exempt pollution control revenue bonds by Dallas, Texas-based electric company, TXU Electric Co. in order to comply with deregulation legislation. Regulation of TXU Electric by the Texas Public Utilities Commission; Description of deals undertaken for the sale of...
- TXU tops card ABS, despite timing issues. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the launching of TXU Electric's stranded cost asset-backed securities. Re-pricing of the TXU Electric Delivery Transition Bond series 2004-1; Efficiency of all fixed-rate structure, pricing off swaps; Credit rating.
- Overcrowded Jail Market Puts Counties at Risk, Experts Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p30
Reports that an increasing trend of private jail construction designed to encourage economic development in Southwest region in the U.S. poses a risk for bondholders and counties in the region. Intentions behind building major jails in minor counties; Problems associated with jails built 35...
- UH-OH Here Come the Bondholders. Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p18
Provides information bondholders and bond purchasing in Europe. Condition of the bond market in the region; Discussion on how bond investors value their companies; Comparison with the bond market status of the U.S. INSETS: TO KNOW YOU IS TO LOVE YOU;DOs & DON'Ts;WE'RE IN CHARGE NOW;HOW BOND...
- Bondholders and Stockholders. McDaniel, Morey W. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p205
Fueled by enormous quantities of debt, the restructuring of corporate America shows no signs of running out of steam. It is a wrenching phenomenon. But we are witnessing far more than a reallocation of resources to their highest valued use. We also are witnessing a massive transfer of wealth...
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;6/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33325, p45
The article lists the top 10 electronic-mailed (e-mailed) stories related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 28, 2010 including the U.S. Internal Revenue Service withholding direct-payment subsidies for Build America Bonds (BAB) issued by Austin, Texas, the liquidity issue faced by floating-rate...
- For bond trustees, how much caution is too much? McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p6
Discusses the cautiousness of bondholders in the United States. Prevention of bondholders from getting what they are entitled; Losses of bond trustees; Laws on bankruptcy and reserve funds.
- Palmdale, Calif., to reimburse portion of defaulted bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p32
States that bondholders for Palmdale, California's Assessment District 1988-1 fund will be get paid for their investment after the failure of the district's bonds. Factors contributing to the failure of the bond; Amount to be received by investors.