Developers' Attorney: Land-Backed Deals Require Extra Scrutiny, Care
- Pay freezes come too late for Pillsbury 12. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p8
Reports on the continued cutbacks at U.S.-based law firm Pillsbury Winthrop. Voluntary redundancies; Staff layoffs.
- Transatlantic talks with West Coast firm herald huge shake-up of international strategy for City leader. Hoare, Steve; Cahill, Julia // Lawyer;10/13/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the informal talks between San Francisco, California-based law firm Pillsbury Winthrop and Great Britain-based law firm Simmons and Simmons for a possible merger. Expansion plans of Simmons and Simmons; Refusal of Simmons to confirm the merger talks with Pillsbury Winthrop.
- Pillsbury hires first UK-qualified partner. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p5
Reports on the U.S. law firm Pillsbury Winthrops' hiring of Ashley Winton as its first British-qualified partner in London. Pillsbury's dual strategy of making lateral hires while seeking a merger partner in Great Britain; Pillsbury's longstanding relationship with British law firm Denton Wilde...
- Law Firm Courts Biotech Startups For Booster Shot. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;1/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on how the full-service law firm Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw and Pittmann help businesses in San Diego, California. It says that the Pillsbury offers new businesses with a private office, technical and administrative support, access to one of its conference rooms, and legal...
- Lawyers Learn to Share. DeFelice, Alexandra // CRM Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on the use of the enterprise relationship management software and services of BranchIT for the law firm Pillsbury Winthrop. Impact on the ability of lawyers to share client contacts; Overview of how security and privacy of customers were protected through BranchIT; Impact on the cost...
- Green Fees. McDonough, Molly // ABA Journal;Jan2007, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the factors that influenced law firms to create climate change and global warming practice groups. Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman launched its climate change and sustainability practice the day after California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the new greenhouse gas...
- Pillsbury Winthrop and Shaw Pittman commit to merger. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p3
Reports that British law firms Pillsbury Winthrop LLP and Shaw Pittman LLP has confirmed their intention to merge in February 2004. Letter of intent to merge signed by the firms; Status of the negotiations; Total number of lawyers should the merger push through.
- Female management team at Pillsbury draws to a close. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p2
The article reports that charismatic chair Mary Cranston plans to relinquish her position at law firm Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman when her term ends in December 2005. Managing partner Marina Park is also considering a similar move which would result in the termination of the pair's...
- MARINA PARK. // Working Mother;Aug/Sep2007, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p76
The article discusses how lawyer Marina Park balances work and family life in Palo Alto, California. To devote more time with her children, Park became a part-time partner in Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman. In 1999, Park became the managing partner for the firm, accepting the condition that she...