House Panel Gives Nod to 'Thrifty' Vouchers Measure
- Omnibus Bill Slashes Section 8 Vouchers. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p5
Reports on the elimination of fundings for section 8 rental-assistance vouchers in the omnibus spending bill for fiscal year 2003 in the U.S. Allotment of funds for housing programs of Housing and Urban Development; Provisions of the bill; Approval of the bill by the Senate.
- Congressman's Bill May Spur Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p7
Reports on the introduction of a legislative bill by Republican Bernie Sanders that would create a National Housing Trust Fund to combat the U.S. housing crisis. Provisions of the bill for housing finance agencies; Housing problems faced by locals in the U.S.; Primary objective of introduction...
- FHA Loan-Limit Increase Bill Could Spur Debt Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31442, p4
Reports the proposal of the FHA Multifamily Housing Loan Limit Improvement Act in the U.S. Increase supply of affordable rental housing; Growth of the issuance of the housing bonds; Maintenance and construction of properties.
- Providing Equal Access. Kitay, Theresa L. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the effects of the Fair Housing Act in the U.S. housing industry. Way of providing the Americans an equal access to apartments, homes, mortgage loans and homeowners insurance; Basis for housing discrimination in the U.S.; Provisions of the bill. INSET: PHYSICAL ACCESSIBILITY.
- Density Still Concern in 'Villages' Plan. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the amendment of the City of Villages plan in San Diego, California. Increase of the number of housing units; Way of improving the quality of life; Costs of the construction of various houses.
- 'American Dream' Act Is a Dream Come True in the House. Dymi, Amilda; Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;10/13/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the congressional approval of the American Dream Downpayment Act in the U.S. Preservation of homeownership; Provision of assistance to low-income homebuyers; Stimulation of benefits to the housing sector.
- Senate bill worries local government. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/10/2001, Issue 322823, p1
Focuses on the State Senate Bill (SB) 910 in California. Provisions of the bill; Views of the opposition on the applicability of SB 910; Impact of the bill on public perception about affordable housing.
- Budget hits developers big time. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;5/27/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p13
Focuses on the effects of the imposition of spending plans on various developers and not-for-profit institutions planning to finance several projects through industrial development agencies (IDA) in the U.S. Way of generating profits; Affordability of the housing units; Cost of IDA projects.
- Editorial::. Sweetman, Gina // Planning Quarterly;Jun2008, Issue 169, p3
An introduction to the issue is presented, including an article on the practical application of housing densities and the report "Affordable Housing: Enabling Territorial Authorities Bill."