Real Estate Deal in Pennsylvania Comes Under Investigation by SEC
- Messed Up in Mexico? Dolan, Kerry A. // Forbes Global;7/5/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the investigation of the Unefon debt deal by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission in 2004. Use of financial asset of Television Azteca broadcast network by Mexican billionaire Ricardo Salinas Pliego.
- SEC Launches Home Care Therapy Investigation. // Eli's Home Care Week;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p194
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission has conducted home care therapy investigations in the U.S.
- SEC Launches Probe of Miami-Dade Health Care Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/22/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33304, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to open an investigation on the 83.3 million dollars bond deal sold by Miami-Dade County, Florida in 2009 on behalf of the county's Public Health Trust (PHT).
- SEC to Start Muni Hearings Sept. 21: San Francisco Meeting to Be First of Five. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33379, p1
The article reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will start its hearing on municipal market in San Francisco, California on September 21, 2010. The hearing will examine Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), Build America Bonds (BAB), investor protection and...
- Decision on Santa Ana Condos Unlikely Before Midyear. Mueller, Mark // Orange County Business Journal;2/23/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p75
The article offers news briefs related to real estate in Santa Ana, California. Skyline MacArthur Place will convert is condominium towers to apartments or ownership with agreement deal to Santa Ana Planning Commission. KBS Realty Advisors LLC has been buying real estate and debt with the...
- SEC Probing Muni Deals. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p1
Reports on the investigations conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission involving municipal securities in the U.S. Bond deals focused in the investigations; Civil and criminal charges filed against lawyers participating in the bond issuance; Disclosure of faulty documents by municipal...
- Municipal Mutual Fund Pricing Appears to Be in SEC Crosshairs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the investigation of the municipal bond pricing among the mutual fund issues by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Result of the dramatic repricing of the net asset values of mutual funds; Violations of the securities laws; Assessment of the pricing methodology.
- 'WELLS SUBMISSIONS' TO THE SEC AS OFFERS OF SETTLEMENT UNDER FEDERAL RULE OF EVIDENCE 408 AND THEIR PROTECTION FROM THIRD-PARTY DISCOVERY. Naftalis, Joshua A. // Columbia Law Review;Nov2002, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p1912
The "Wells submission" process represents a critical phase in SEC investigations. These submissions provide prospective defendants the opportunity to dissuade the SEC from bringing formal actions against them; likewise, the Commission and its staff rely upon the arguments contained in these...
- US watchdog puts pressure on SkillSoft. // IT Training;Mar2003, p7
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has launched an official investigation into the activities SkillSoft Corp.