Washington State Tobacco Authority To Put Together Deal-Making Team
- Big numbers posted in European ABS as quarter ends; first Italian football deal launches. // Asset Securitization Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p19
Reports the increase in the European securitization volumes of deals for the first quarter. Factors contributing to the second-quarter issuance; Launch of the first Italian securitization of sports; Trend towards larger scale transactions.
- LatAm gala opens on sober note. F.O. // Asset Securitization Report;10/28/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the performance of the securitization market in Latin America. Total amount of emerging market cross-border securitizations; Impact of the elections on the market; Success of the YPF deals.
- A $ 1 Mil Carrot For Co-Managers. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/11/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p13
Reports the pricing advantage of the stranded-asset deal in Texas. Similarity of range with a typical credit-card securitization; Structure of the deal issue for a power utility, Central Power and Light Co.; Association between lending and debt underwriting.
- HEL and Nissan deals cap off $3 billion in ABS week. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;11/12/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 43, p12
Reports the deals of HEL and Nissan in asset-backed securities in the United States. Price of automobile lease-backed notes; Plan of lease transaction; Price of money-market tranche.
- First Italian CDO May Boost ABS Volume. O'Leary, Christopher // Private Placement Letter;03/29/99, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p4
Reports that the European asset-backed securities market will pass another milestone when it prices the first collateralized debt obligation security from an Italian issuer. Impact of the deal on the country; Underwriter of the deal; Components of the transaction.
- Mo. Plans $50M Of Tobacco Notes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p1
Reports the tobacco asset securitization deal of the Missouri Tobacco Settlement Authority. Plan of the department to sell tobacco notes; Allocation of the proceeds on the payment of outstanding bonds; Role of Financial Management and Columbia Capital Management in the deal;
- Missouri Picks Bear Stearns To Lead $600M Tobacco Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p1
Reports the selection of Bear Stearns & Co. as the senior book-running manager on the tobacco securitization plan in Missouri. Reputation of the firm; Ability of the firm in answering the questions regarding the transaction; Cooperation of the firm with other securities agency.
- Treasurer: Maryland Weighing Tobacco, Taxable Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p5
Reports the debate on the securitization of the national tobacco settlement share by officials in Maryland. Outcome on the issuance of bonds pledged to future payments from the 1998 settlement; Importance of legislation for the issuance of variable-rate bonds; Legal permission of the state to...
- NYC postpones tobacco issue. K.S. // Asset Securitization Report;3/12/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p1
Reports the postponement of the tobacco securitization offering in New York City. Value of the income tax securitization program; Increase of the securitization quota for the program; Sale of income tax securitization bonds in the marketplace.